Mandarin lessons in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mandarin lessons in Hong Kong

Hi everybody,

I just move to Hong Kong and will stay here for 2 or 3 years. Due to our company has lots of clients in China, I want to start learning Mandarin. I want to know if there is any Chinese schools here with reasonable price? Thanks.

I believe my German boss went to HK Language Learning Center. They have both group or individual schedule.

I grew up speaking just Cantonese and a little English, but wanted to learn Mandarin. A friends of mine recommended a Native Mandarin tutor. Shes goes to your house for private lessens. It cost a little more than usual, but now I can speak fluently in Mandarin. PM me if you want the detail.

For group lessons, you can try Interactive Tutors. They offer both Cantonese and Mandarin lessons designed for foreigners.

For one-on-one, you can try Mandarin Teacher. She's a nice native mandarin teacher from mainland China.

Last edited by HKforever; 03-10-2011 at 06:22 PM.

My husband and I have also been taking Cantonese ( but they teach Mandarin) at the HK Learning Centre in the Emperor Building, Wan Chai. My hubby has basically dropped out as he has to travel so much, but I have found the lesson module very straightforward and easy to learn...even if I don't always have the time to revise.

Hong Kong Language Learning Centre or 2385 5331.

try The Chinese University of Hong Kong find about chinese learning issues

Any suggestions if I am not entirely a beginner? Fluent in Cantonese, but would like to improve on Mandarin and learn more reading/writing. I took Mandarin/reading/writing classes for 1.5 years, but would definitely like to get to know more characters and improve on the Mandarin.

As previously posted you can try CUHK. You can take an assessment test and they will determine which class you can take. I'm taking the Mandarin for Non-native chinese class and the focus is on speaking/listening skills but there are also writing and reading.

Are the reading/writing classes separate from the speaking/listening in Mandarin or same class?

Quote Originally Posted by ewankho:
    As previously posted you can try CUHK. You can take an assessment test and they will determine which class you can take. I'm taking the Mandarin for Non-native chinese class and the focus is on speaking/listening skills but there are also writing and reading.
    Are you taking the full time or the part time course? I'm currently taking the full time course at CUHK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast