anyone been offer a place with EMB this year.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Question asking for help from

hi, everybody!I am new to this forum and i will be a net starting this year.The problem is that after a long, long process , i got an offer and a provisional contract , but i do not understand how was the salary assessed.when does emb count the years of experience to the salary?
    or this is done by the school?i have already provided so many documents stating my years of experience, but i don t know when are they going to assess them.i have to sign the proforma these days and don t know what to do......
    thank you

salary

Carola, the salary assessment can be quite frustrating (refer to mask of china for other feedback on this). Assessment does not necessarily relate to the total years of teaching. For instance I know of NETS
    with many years experience who are being paid at a lower pay scale because of things like their service being split between primary and secondary and only the one level being recognised. Likewise others graduated without a degree in Education, later upgraded to a degree and only the years post degree are recognised. Suggest you post your specific concerns on www.hkpnetforum.com & mask of china under the teacher's section and some of the experienced NETS will respond.

thanks so much

At last there are some movements from the EMB .....
    Asking for more documents...... for the third time .....
    amazing isn't it.???

Are there any NETs moving to HK from UK for this academic year?

Would like to get in touch before moving.
    (Have a party and share the experience..ha ha)

Hi,

I should be moving to HK soon but am waiting for confirmation from schools!

Have you got a school yet? when are you hoping to be going?

I found a position for myself at a school after I reached a certain level of frustration with the EdB process...then suddenly loads of schools started calling me. Apparently my CV was still being circulated!

...anyway:

Good luck for the new school year!

Squid,
    I am in talk with 3 schools but even but takes ages. I had a telephone intervew with one of them the other day and am waited to hear the result. R U in HK now? when do U start?

Quote Originally Posted by semUK:
    Squid,
    I am in talk with 3 schools but even but takes ages. I had a telephone intervew with one of them the other day and am waited to hear the result. R U in HK now? when do U start?
    hello- Yes, I am in HK. I came over to look for work on my own.

Classes start tomorrow! BUT: my work visa is not ready... It is causing my colleagues in the English Dept. to rearrange things a bit, but nobody seems terribly upset about it.

Squid,

I hope you dont mind but I just want to ask a few questions. How many students in total are there in your school and class? what are your main duties and do you teach p1-p6 or just certain years? I would be greatfull of any advice so I can prepare myself.

Thank you

I will reply via PM.

cheers-

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast