English home tutor

Closed Thread

English home tutor

I hope I put this in a correct place.

There is a local Cantonese lady in her middle age, looking for English home tutor. She lives in Wanchai just opposite to the C.C.Wu Building. She speaks basic English and should be able to communicate with you, I guess, as she has a helper from Philippine.

She asked if I know someone. I guess some of you could help. She has no computer so she cannot come here. She told me a few requirements:1) female; 2) native but could be westerner or asian ; 3) experience in teaching adults ; 4) could go to her place.

I am not an agent. I will not involve in your discussion. I just help her to connect you. PM me ONLY with your name and telephone, don’t give me any details and requirements of you as it’s none of my business. I will pass you, if I get any, to her this Friday and let her determine what to do next. But I could let you know if she finds someone.

Thanks for your replies. Just state one more point as some of you might misunderstood.
    She is not looking for language exchange, but a home tutor she would pay. Thanks a lot.

I'd be happy to do it, but I'm male as it gets :P

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    I'd be happy to do it, but I'm male as it gets :P
    I know there should be lot of male teachers here. I did tell her sex shouldn't be a criteria, but anyway it's her first requirement. Thanks anyway.

English Home Tutor

I am a female, college student from California, on vacation until middle of September. I am interested in the job. Please e-mail me at [email protected] if the lady is interested in meeting me. My name is Frances.

English Tutor

Hi There,

I'm a qualified and certified English Teacher. I've been working in Hong Kong for the past 7-years. I have recently set up my own online training company. I would be very interested in teaching your friend.

Please e-mail me at:[email protected]

Regards,
    Anne

Thank you ladies.
    I met her and passed a few names to her yesterday. I asked some more information.

She would postpone to start around Sept, bcoz her son in primary school now just in his summer holiday.

She wants to learn English as a hobby. If the teaching method is suitable for her, she would like to keep learning with that tutor. Actually, I'm her tutor of one of her hobbies for 2 years.

She told me that the only way she know is to search for the posts in the supermarkets, but finally realized that most of them are agents. So I just suggested she try this way to contact the individual tutor and I could help to collect your contacts.

She has no computer. Don't give me email address, she couldn't contact you by that.

I'll not do screening. If you think you could meet her requirements, PM me your name and contact#, or if you like, just very genreal about you.