German Swiss Int School

German Swiss Int School

Does anyone here have experience of the GSIS in recent years. Am considering it for my kids (Year 1) and would like to know what the general consensus is.

Cheers

Tommy

My kid goes to GSIS - the International part She has been there for 2 years.

Just PM me with any questions that you have on GSIS.

cheers

Swiss-German School

I've the same interests in the SGIS.
    We are living in Switzerland now and my husband was relocated to HK since April. I plan to join him next year 08, and I'm considering this for our kids as their mother tongue is Swiss-German (though I prefer they learn English ASAP in order to intergrate into the social life). They are now 10 and 6 yrs. Shall I send them in English or German stream?
    Is the Swiss-German primary section runs half a day only? I was told they will start at 7:30am., right? It's a bit difficult as we do like to live in Ma On Shan or Sai Kung.
    Is there any other choice of international school when the kids are not so good in English now? How could they apply/interview when they are not in HK yet?

Hi

I also have a question.

Can someone here answer me a few questions about the Business College at German Swiss School.

I desperately want to get a place there. I think they call it vocational training. They work together with different companies.
    I will have Abitur in 2008. I think it will be okay. Just ordinary. Not very good and not very bad.

Do I have any chance to get a place or will they take a student of economics?

Please be hard on me.
    I just want to know what the prospects are.

In your scenario it would be best to send them to the German Stream- All subjects are taught in German apart from the obvious, English. The English classes are also ranked according to the kids' ability, so don't worry about your children-they will be just fine. There is also a bonus for you- seeing that your kids are Swiss-German, they automatically become the 'priority' when it comes to enrollment. So far so good! School begins at 7:40 am, it is a little early (tell me about it!!), but this is due to the whole British system we follow =). You can find more info on www.gsis.edu.hk
    cheers.

[QUOTE=blunschi;174436]I've the same interests in the SGIS.
    We are living in Switzerland now and my husband was relocated to HK since April. I plan to join him next year 08, and I'm considering this for our kids as their mother tongue is Swiss-German (though I prefer they learn English ASAP in order to intergrate into the social life). They are now 10 and 6 yrs. Shall I send them in English or German stream?
    Is the Swiss-German primary section runs half a day only? I was told they will start at 7:30am., right? It's a bit difficult as we do like to live in Ma On Shan or Sai Kung.
    Is there any other choice of international school when the kids are not so good in English now? How could they apply/interview when they are not in HK yet?[/QUOTE

In your scenario it would be best to send them to the German Stream- All subjects are taught in German apart from the obvious, English. The English classes are also ranked according to the kids' ability, so don't worry about your children-they will be just fine. There is also a bonus for you- seeing that your kids are Swiss-German, they automatically become the 'priority' when it comes to enrollment. So far so good! School begins at 7:40 am, it is a little early (tell me about it!!), but this is due to the whole British system we follow =). You can find more info on www.gsis.edu.hk
    cheers.

Sgis

Thanks.
    The school begins at 7:40am, does it finish before 1pm? Has the secondary school (year 7 I suppose) same hours? (That's early for the HK life style when office & shop just start at 9:00 or even 10:30am; and people come home from work at 9/10pm. Then, my husband may even not able to see the kids during the week...)
    How about their teaching programme and staff? You are happy with them?
    Honestly, we prefer the kids to learn English and Chinese ASAP, as knowing German doesn't help them at all in their daily life in HK. Does the school provide chinese course too?