GMAT in 2012

Closed Thread

GMAT in 2012

Hi everyone..

I've only seen old threads on GMAT here. Wanted to ask if anyone is considering this for themselves in early 2012, or if you're already doing yours now. I work full-time M-F. I'm also interested to hear about others' experiences because I'm conscious that you'll need quite a bit of commitment to pursue an MBA/Masters, (not to mention working out the funding).

Are review courses worth it? Princeton (11k) or Kaplan (10k) or self-study with books/study partners?

Would you attempt taking the test without reviewing for at least a month?

Looking forward to reading your responses.

wanchai2011

hey there
    am planning on taking gmat this year around june-july. i started last year but due to crazy work commitments i didnt have enough time to prepare. i was thinking about doing princeton after reading the reviews and i think the courses start next week 13th feb
    i have been told a month is not quiet enough but i guess prep time depends on what score your are after. study partner would certainly help.
    how are u going with your prep?

How many weeks do you think you need to prep for a GMAT test?

Suggest you find out the range you need for the school you want, practice a little then take a sample test.

If you are close to where you need a few more weeks should do it. If you're a long way from where you need lower your expectations or allocate lots of your life-time to doing somewhat tedious questions.

Try to concentrate on questions at or just above your level

Last edited by East_coast; 11-02-2012 at 05:42 PM.

I'm doing mine in March.. Been prepping since Dec, but I still haven't been doing anything too hardcore... I'm taking the self study route, and failing a bit. Always too tired to study after work, bad cycle.

If you're going to take a course, do the Manhattan, I use a lot of their books and they're very good. I also use their practise CATs.

Rush rush rush, good luck to you all.

wanting to form a study group for the GMAT

Hi guys,

I am planning on writing my GMAT in April of this year and am gearing up my studying materials, would anyone be interested in forming a group together and meeting regularly to study?

hi there
    i am planning to take gmat this august.i am interested in forming a group too.

Hi guys.. Change of plans, I won't be taking the GMAT any time soon. All the best to everyone! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by wanchai2011:
    Hi guys.. Change of plans, I won't be taking the GMAT any time soon. All the best to everyone! Good luck!
    Good news?

Does anyone want old GMAT books? I have the Official Guide (12th edition) and Princeton Review (2011 edition).

I took the test about a year ago but I heard the test format is changing this year?

Seems to be a waste to let them go to recycle bin though. If anyone wants to take them off my hand please let me know.

New GMAT since June 2012

The only difference in the new GMAT format is that they took an essay question out from in the AWA and fill that void with the new IR questions. My understanding is that most schools won't really look into your performance on this IR section.