How to enroll in an International School with while only having a HK entry visa

Closed Thread

How to enroll in an International School with while only having a HK entry visa

Hi all, it's my first time here in geoexpat, hope you all are having a nice time here in HK.

Now on to the topic, sorry if this issue has been brought up before, I've been inquiring with almost all of the international school listed in allexpat.com international schools list but I only found 2 international schools that didn't specifically state that the applicant should have a valid resident's ID or HK VISA. Unluckily both of them didn't have any opening left.

I am looking for an international school for my little brother, but the problem is he doesn't have any kind of HK visa, he can only obtain the entry permit (valid for 14 days after entry for our case, Philippine passport). He finished his junior high in China (his student's visa was sponsored by the school so there wasn't any problem). I'm thinking, is there any international school here in HK that can sponsor the applicant's student visa? Also, I have found out that a lot of int. schools doesn't even accept student visa... Is there any other way? Our parents are both in China, and both are not HK resident. I am really getting frustrated and don't know what to do.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!!

How old is he?

The OP implies he has just finished "junior high" in China. I don't understand the US school system so I can't translate that into real years, but I'd have thought you could...

Didn't see that .. will ask a couple of folks. There is a Filipino school (atleast there used to be) which might be a tad bit easier to deal with to get started.

Hi, thanks for the reply. He is turning 17 this year, going to grade 10 or 11. Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks!