Like Tree1Likes

Bagpipe Lessons

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

OK, I bought the pipes online. They are Dunbar Student pipes, but once I learn I will get a better set. I am very musically inclined and playing with the practice chanter i could figure out some tunes....but I need some lessons. Looking at other posts, I am bale to march as well. I am taking Cantonese classes twice a week and would love to squeeze in a bagpipe lesson which I would pay for.

As for the neighborly noise...well I am not an asshole, so don't worry. That said, the 6 months of 5 day a week construction that has gone on upstairs certainly deserves at 4 am Scotland the Brave Performance - which is definitely in the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by pipertony:
    Hi We are the pipe band in HK and now looking to a new player to learn this bagpipe if you are interest please drop me a message to discuss.
    Tony
    PM me, let's get going.....

I have been taking lessons in Kuwait and would love to continue them when I move to Hong Kong this summer. If you are willing to give lessons or know of someone who is, please let me know.

Bagpipe LEssons

Quote Originally Posted by DeannaX:
    I have been taking lessons in Kuwait and would love to continue them when I move to Hong Kong this summer. If you are willing to give lessons or know of someone who is, please let me know.
    Hi Deanna!

What stage are you at? Still on practice chanter, do you have your own set, do you have any books with you?

My band is one of many (yeah!) in Hong Kong and we are always looking for new people. I knew nothing about how to play when I joined and the senior members very patiently and kindly guided me (and still are guiding me) to my current level. You can check out our website as well as other bands and see which location works best for you.

Hong Kong St. Andrew's Pipe Band - Official Website
    Hong Kong Pipe Band - Official Site - Welcome
    Oriental Pipes and Drums 東方風笛隊

These are just off the top of my head. Let me know when you come to HK!

I'm now in HK as of a couple weeks ago and still getting settled. I'm at a VERY beginning level on the chanter, so I'll need people with lots of patience to help me learn.

Quote Originally Posted by DeannaX:
    I'm now in HK as of a couple weeks ago and still getting settled. I'm at a VERY beginning level on the chanter, so I'll need people with lots of patience to help me learn.
    Hah, sounds familiar! I'll send you a PM.