Japanese Group Class (JLPT exam)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I did a group class at Pasona in CWB when I first came to HK. Teacher was Japanese, nice lady. However all the other students were, unsurprisingly, locals who can all read the Kanji with ease which caused me problems (my kanji reading is still very poor).
    A private teacher is better, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by octarine:
    I did a group class at Pasona in CWB when I first came to HK. Teacher was Japanese, nice lady. However all the other students were, unsurprisingly, locals who can all read the Kanji with ease which caused me problems (my kanji reading is still very poor).
    A private teacher is better, IMO.
    Or a school where they teach those proficient in Kanji separately. I found I learned more quickly in a small group, where one-on-one was too intense (this was in Japan not here).

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    Or a school where they teach those proficient in Kanji separately. I found I learned more quickly in a small group, where one-on-one was too intense (this was in Japan not here).
    Agreed. If such a class exists in HK, I'd like to know about it.

FWIW I known my poor Kanji reading is my own fault, but in the class with local Chinese, I found I smoked them all at reading and interpreting katakana, having lived in Japan. They don't seem to focus on it when teaching j-go here at all.

Quote Originally Posted by octarine:
    Agreed. If such a class exists in HK, I'd like to know about it.

FWIW I known my poor Kanji reading is my own fault, but in the class with local Chinese, I found I smoked them all at reading and interpreting katakana, having lived in Japan. They don't seem to focus on it when teaching j-go here at all.
    Yes I picked the katakana/hiragana up really quickly, to the extent that I was writing my notes in class as quickly in kana as in Romanji. If you do find somewhere please share, if I'm here for a while I'd like to take it up again.
    I sat 2-kyu 4 times and failed by just a couple of marks each time - back then it was only once a year that you could take it.

Hi, eveyone,

I was wondering if there are anyone who want to learn Japanese for exam or business? I am from HongKong and got my degree in Japan. I work for Japanese cooperation for 15 years. I am now a freelance Japanese teacher. If interested, please contact me at the following mail address:

[email protected]

Elton