Teacher quali course in hk

Closed Thread

Teacher quali course in hk

Hi,

I am a qualified and experienced Montessori teacher. I am working in a school in Hk. I am now keen to take up a course to get a qualification valid to teach older kids and also to get a registration number. Montessori degree is not recognised by HK Edu Deptt Bureau.
    I have gone thru a number of websites and understood that
    one has to be working in a primary school to do a PGCE here but to get a job in primary school without registration number is not possible. so how to work this one out ? PL SUGGEST .
    If I take up a 2year PGDE (EARLY CHILDHOOD) part time, then i can continue working also but i still wont be able to teach primary classes with this qualification.
    I am confused reg the course , university, and its recognition worldwide.

pl HELP.

Thanks,
    psm

You can teach in a Primary school without having Registered Teacher status. You can apply for Permitted Teacher status. 'Permitted Teacher' is more restrictive than 'Registered Teacher', as it ties you in to one, specific school. Other than studying full-time, however, it does seem to be the only realistic way for you to gain a Primary PGDE. Clearly, schools will usually prefer to employ Registered Teachers, but if you hunt around you may well find a primary school to take you on.