CUHK Recommendation: What does it mean?

Closed Thread

CUHK Recommendation: What does it mean?

I received an email from the Chinese University of Hong Kong on March 30th. Does it mean that I am pretty much assured to get in? It seems like the program wants me and now it is just up to the graduate school. Anyone get one of these before? Is it just basic screening now?

Here is the email text:

Dear applicant,

I refer to your application for the MSSc in Global Political Economy Programme (MGPE) at CUHK for the academic year 2012/13.

I am pleased to inform you that you have been recommended to the Graduate School for admission to the Programme. Please note that the Graduate School will screen your application in the coming weeks to decide whether (1) you fulfill the admission requirements; and (2) your application materials are complete for admission. If you have successfully gone through the process, you will be receiving an admission letter from the Graduate School on the week of 27th April 2012. The mail delivery in China may be expected to take a few more working days to process.

Please reply to this e-mail before next Tuesday (3rd April 2012) whether you accept this recommendation or not.

Please also kindly note once you have paid the deposit of tuition fee to other CUHK Programmes, it would NOT be possible to transfer your application to MGPE Programme. Therefore, if you intend to study in MGPE, you are highly suggested to wait for the MGPE admission letter without accepting other offers.

Thank you for your attention.

MGPE Programme General Office
    Faculty of Social Science
    The Chinese University of Hong Kong

On the face of it, it looks like it's down to formalities checks only now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Loz_2:
    On the face of it, it looks like it's down to formalities checks only now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using GeoClicks Mobile
    Thanks bud. I was thinking the same thing, but the excitement is killing me hahaha.

Well, it certainly sounds like it from the tone and context of the letter.

I got the acceptance letter today!!! Looks like HK is on the horizon

Congrats!

This letter in #1 is just a heads-up. It says expect an admission letter, which will be sent to you if and when you are finally admitted after all the fact-checking is cleared.