Like Tree2Likes

Learn Business German in Hong Kong

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Learn Business German in Hong Kong

Hi,

I am interested to know if there is any good school for learning business German. I am in sales and want to be able to have sales meeting, phone calls and business conversations in German. I have basic knowledge and can order food, read a menu and so on.

Anyone have something to recommend. All advice is appreciated

Have a nice day!

Is it that your German business partners do not speak English ?
    What industry are you in ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos93:
    German is one of the most difficult to learn language. Please don't waste your money with any online learning tool.
    Being a native German speaker I agree with that. Your best chance to lear Herman would be the Goethe Institute - you'll find their current schedule here Hongkong - General Language
    Last edited by elle; 15-06-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Also join one of the German speaking groups in HK such as Krautlovers. Meeting up socially in a German speaking environment with ppl who are native speakers or ppl who have learned and/or lived in Germany. I'm a member, although I haven't actually found the time to join in yet due to travel and other activities that clash. It will also get your confidence and you can easily switch from English to German and vice versa. I understand what it's like as it takes me a day to blend my ear in when I go back to Berlin, and same when I come back to HK.

Plenty of Mags in German in Dymocks, such as Der Spiegel, Focus etc. Reading Die Welt, Tagesspiegel, BerlinerMorgenpost or even the tabloid Bild online will help with the business issues.

Last edited by Natfixit; 15-06-2012 at 04:43 PM.

I highly doubt it

Thank you for all quick reply, I am in the gift and give away industry and some German buyers even in bigger companies doesn't speak English. I had a meeting just a few weeks ago where 5 different buyer attended but one or two of them where very uncomfortable speaking English so that's why I need to learn it.

I checked out Goethe Institute and they seem to be a good choice for learning it well and quick. To just meet a German native speaker and talk is good if you want like a general knowledge but to focus on sales I think a School is the way to go, at least for me.

If I find something better I post it here as well.

Thanks again!

As someone who has learned German through Goethe, university courses, other intensive courses and personal tutoring (I resisted every step of the way!), I would say that learning German in Hong Kong will not be easy, but if you do manage it, I think your clients will be very impressed. Viel Glück!

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    I highly doubt it
    Doubt what?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos93:
    German is one of the most difficult to learn language. Please don't waste your money with any online learning tool.
    What rubbish. German is a very easy language. Pronunciation follows rules, grammar follows rules, no tones, many similarities in words to English. I've found germanpod101 to be an excellent tool.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast