Like Tree7Likes

Gold Coast to Delia School of Canada /other schools

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gold Coast to Delia School of Canada

We are moving to HK and temporarily staying in Gold coast. Our kids may be going to Delia School of Canada, Tai Koo Shing. For long term we like to stay in Gold coast but it seems there is no school bus.

Appreciate your help on transportation to Taikoo Shing

Thanks.

Last edited by chandan; 30-06-2012 at 02:23 PM.

not a commute that i'd like to put my kids through.... have you been to hk before?

I would second that, one hell of a commute for a kid. I think you either need to reconsider school or location.

i would guess via public transport you would be looking at 1.5 hours each way... possibly more depending on traffic.

could be wrong, but that would be my estimate. but that doesn't include waiting time.

Taikoo

If the Kids are going to school, at Tai Koo Shing, why not find an apartment nearby?

Quote Originally Posted by chandan:
    We are moving to HK and temporarily staying in Gold coast. Our kids may be going to Delia School of Canada, Tai Koo Shing. For long term we like to stay in Gold coast but it seems there is no school bus.

Appreciate your help on transportation to Taikoo Shing

Thanks.

Why would you commute so long to a subpar school?

Your kids will hate life and be tired. Kids are tired from class and you probably need tutors for them too, especially if you are considering such a low tier school.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

booth... what do you know about the school?

a friend of mine sent her two kids there and they loved the school. while it is definitely not in the same category as say, HKIS or KCIS or any of the other "top" schools, it is hardly the deplorable school you make it out to be.

oh, yeah.. neither of her kids had tutors. why would you make such a comment? i would say it is more likely that the top tier school students (local and international) would be more likely to have tutors.

Last edited by carang; 30-06-2012 at 07:30 PM.
    chingleutsch likes this.

Is there a particular reason for choosing the Tai Koo branch of Delia? It is much further away than both Delia Mei Foo and Delia Tsing Yi. There are direct bus routes running between Gold Coast and both the latter branches.

carang, why bother arguing with booth?

In countless threads he has shown himself to be a clueless git...another dumb comment is just par for the course...

HC, i guess the reason i do is that he is responding to people who have never been here... if they take what he says as truth, this could adversely affect their move.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast