Like Tree548Likes

How do you think about the National Education?

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Oh give me a farkin break !

REALITY CHECK >

That brick in the wall that you so describe probably owns your country's economy lol
    I know back in Aus, they, the Chinese, own a fair percentage of Victoria's ( Australia ) power utilities, they have bought a fair slice of Queenslands luxury blue chip property and recently purchased Australias largest farm. If you want to blame anybody, blame those who tenaciously allowed your nations large corps to invest like mofo's into the China economy.

While you sit back on your couch, your nations company accountants/CFO's are outsourcing your national interests, losing your once prosperous manufacturing base, giving most of your previous advantages away! The only people you should be pissed at, are your own white collar nationals that are weakening your nation to make a fast buck, leaving you high and dry and 9/10ths of sweat fark all for future generations. Clap your hands spaz's and take a good hard look in the mirror as to who is really responsible. The Chinese ( ie China ) are only accepting what you GIVE them on a silver platter...quit complaining.

If you really want to make a positive difference, then get your country to man up and support its own people, start making quality products again, give your people a job and quit giving jobs away to developing nations that will only BRICK yours financially in the future.

Wake up stooges...!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUDkrUEYzBA
    Could the mods like this post for me please. It may be totally off-topic but somewhat relevant to the bigger picture.

Having said that, Skyhook, China owning several hundred millions in US debt is a problem for the US. But China holding several hundred billions in US debt is, clearly, a problem for China.
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 06-09-2012 at 12:13 PM.
    dear giant likes this.

My school's prinicpal informs me thay schools don't have to introduce this to their curriculum. They do, however, receive a nice payout if they do. So basically it is a mild case of bribing the teachers to brainwash the students... yay!

My school has received the payout but not yet got round to do anything about it... oops!

bryant.english and dear giant like this.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    My school's prinicpal informs me thay schools don't have to introduce this to their curriculum. They do, however, receive a nice payout if they do. So basically it is a mild case of bribing the teachers to brainwash the students... yay!

My school has received the payout but not yet got round to do anything about it... oops!
    Excuse me, no teachers allowed in this debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    Having said that, Skyhook, China owning several hundred millions in US debt is a problem for the US. But China holding several hundred billions in US debt is, clearly, a problem for China.
    I agree with you, but it is us that have created this by product, or condition. It takes two to tango as you know. Every action has a reaction, our actions created the China you see before you. They didn't achieve this on their own, China had plenty of help thanks to the engineers of GLOBALISATION......

Stick that in our glasses of white whine and drink it, drink it good
    Last edited by Skyhook; 06-09-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Who's Freddy?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    Who's Freddy?
    Gen X Australians would know who Freddy was. Via The Nestle's Quick Drink it Freddy commercial.. But I altered my comment thinking that it probably would have gone over most peoples heads if they weren't born and raised in Aus during the 70's.

Last edited by Skyhook; 06-09-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Oh shut up!
    Nice debating style!
    bryant.english and carang like this.

“Questions to prompt students to share their experience in singing and hearing the national anthem: When you hear the national anthem, does it bring to mind the Motherland? Does it remind you that you are a Chinese national? . . . Does it not evoke your sense of national pride and move you to tears? . . .

Note: Should the teacher find that the student does not display strong emotions of patriotism/nationalism, do not criticize him. Accept his behavior but ask the student to reflect upon himself.” (emphasis mine)

The teaching cases in this “Civic and National Education Curriculum Guide Consultative Draft” also require teachers to ask students to reflect on themselves should they fail to display strong patriotic feelings when cheering for the national team etc. In another case, students learning to sing the national anthem have to say aloud “I am proud to be a Chinese national.” No where does the curriculum mention significant historical events like the June 4th Tiananmen massacre.
    from - China’s “National Education”: Lessons for Singapore

Official teaching guide that was produced not under an open transparent system but with public money by a pro-beijing organisation. If Donald Tsang's Government wanted to be create un-biased subject that promotes critical thinking this was a terrible way to start. Little wonder people are not happy.

Is the mainlandification of Hong Kong inevitable - many hope not
    Last edited by East_coast; 07-09-2012 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    Nice debating style!
    I've lost all respect for it I'm afraid. People are bothered over nothing. Which version of Tienanmen should they put in? Teachers and parents can teach about Tienanmen anyway, that is, if anyone actually knows what happened...

Meanwhile, you have kids starving themselves, it's absurd.

BE, if you don't like the term brainwash, can we then call it a mild version of manipulation and indoctrination instead?

I think it's good to see people standing up against this - now we also see institutions coming out with their support to the protesters, like China University etc.

Seems like tonight is gonna attract a huge crowd for the demonstration

Mat and bookblogger like this.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast