Like Tree7Likes

International school Uniform cost

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

International school Uniform cost

do you think international school are charging too much for uniform and you don't have choice - look at some price of winter uniform

Jacket $ 300
    Vest $ 125
    Pant $ 150
    Turtle Shirt $ 100
    Sports wear set $ 150

No I don't.

Seems ok to me

US dollars? Then it's steep!

Every school (international or otherwise) I know outsources their uniform supply chain to 3rd parties.
    I've never been close enough to the process to learn the answer : do they actually get commissions from these suppliers?

No, I'm not referring to corruption but straight forward contracting : do the schools benefit at all from the sale of their uniforms by these 3rd parties?

And to answer the OPs OQ : No, I think those prices are fairly reasonable. Maybe a tad on the high side but nothing to complain about.

I think these prices are reasonable for in Hong Kong.

Much cheaper than what you would pay for private school in Oz BUT then the quality/fabric etc is not the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph098765:
    do you think international school are charging too much for uniform and you don't have choice - look at some price of winter uniform

Jacket $ 300
    Vest $ 125
    Pant $ 150
    Turtle Shirt $ 100
    Sports wear set $ 150
    If you can pay hundreds of $ per year to put your kids in international school I guess 825$ isnt much of an issue.

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Every school (international or otherwise) I know outsources their uniform supply chain to 3rd parties.
    I've never been close enough to the process to learn the answer : do they actually get commissions from these suppliers?

No, I'm not referring to corruption but straight forward contracting : do the schools benefit at all from the sale of their uniforms by these 3rd parties?

And to answer the OPs OQ : No, I think those prices are fairly reasonable. Maybe a tad on the high side but nothing to complain about.
    I would be very surprised if that was the case, I would think it's the other way around - the schools ensure a discount given the volume of orders.

Given the fees the schools can and do charge, there's not much incentive to make a couple hundred off uniforms.

Considering they wear it everyday you don't have to buy them regular clothes to wear to school, and considering you can afford the high annual tuition fees, I really don't see where the complaint is coming from. If you are really so concerned for other reasons like recycling, please send a letter to the PTA and ask older children if they have clothes to donate. I am sure many families will be happy to donate their old uniforms. We send ours to the Salvation Army. Another option is to sort through the lost and found bins located at many schools. I am sure that you can find many usable uniforms there that your kids can use. From my experience of these lost and found bins, the clothes will need some strong washing before being used though - take it out to a external laundry to do it since they have access to stronger detergent and higher heat. Good luck.

my kids go to a local school and their uniform costs about 1/2 of that.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast