Good Mandarin/Cantonese lessons for Overseas born Chinese?

Closed Thread

Good Mandarin/Cantonese lessons for Overseas born Chinese?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew of some good classes or courses for overseas born chinese? I've taken mandarin lessons run for expats before, but I've found that the progress was slow because they spent a lot of time on grammar and sentence structure, and as I already speak Cantonese at home it was just repeating what I knew already.

It's quite difficult to find an appropriate class - courses run for locals are too difficult and ones for expats are too easy. Or should I just get a private tutor?

HKU space has several courses for native and non-native speakers. Find them to be very good! Just check their website.

Quote Originally Posted by redcomet181:
    It's quite difficult to find an appropriate class - courses run for locals are too difficult and ones for expats are too easy. Or should I just get a private tutor?
    Very true, I studied Mandarin and then Cantonese both privately and in a group (two diff schools, incl CUHK) and in the end I realised I get much better value from private lessons. I can recommend this team for great value for money (a small company with reasonable rates and knowledgeable about Mandarin and Cantonese with some decent English)

http://www.globalanguagecentre.com/id72.html

(My review is at the top of that page)