i want to ask about the Higher National Diploma in hong kong. if a person finiished Form 5 and took HKCEE with only 4 passes, is 23 years and has 4 year work experience, has a 3 month diploma from a local institute and have a portfolio to showcase his/her work will that person be eligible to enter the 3rd year of a 3 year BTEC Higher National Diploma offered by a local institute?

And if a person gets into 2nd year of that Higher Diploma, after completing 1 year, will any local University accept that person into their 3rd or last year of a 4 year Degree programme?

What I mean is that i want to get into the 3rd year of a 4 year Degree programme after completing only 1 year of the Higher National diploma, in this case 2nd year of the total 3 year.

if not, is there a guarantee that if i get the full 2 year higher national diploma i can get into the last year of any local university or overseas University/College in a 3 or 4 year degree program?

sorry for asking this question, i'm just confused by the education system here. I called many local universitys and most of them say I should submit application and see or can try and do interview etc. but none of them can tell me exactly over phone when I give them all information regarding my qualification and unable to tell me whether or not i'm eligible. I don't want to waste time and money on applications and interviews while i'm doing the diploma not know wheter or not I can get in. So, a littel Help heer.

thanks.