NET interview for Secondary Teachers

Closed Thread

NET interview for Secondary Teachers

I taught in HK over ten years ago on the original scheme before the one that's operational now.
    I've read some threads for primary teachers but would like to know what the interview and written piece for a secondary teacher would entail.
    I'm going to interview in London (if that makes a difference).
    Thanks!

Go to this website Dave's ESL Cafe in the Hong Kong section of the forum your question has been discussed many times before. Good luck with the interview !!

NET interview

Thanks Flat Hunter- great advice!

My husband has applied the SNET as well, hope he will be informed to have an interview soon.

Please come back and give us some updates.

Good luck to your interview.

Interview date

Is your husband in the UK so will interview there? I have just received an interview date (27th March) via email letter for UK interview.
    I'm still trying to find out about the written test part. One of my friends said they remembered having to write about a recent lesson, whereas replies in various forums which refer to PNET written test said they had to introduce themselves in the written test.
    Will let you know more as I find it out!

We are living in the US now. As they don't have any location in the US for internview, we chose the Toronto Canada.

When did you submit your application? We submitted it just a few days before the deadline, and he got an email saying to wait until the end of March.

NET Interview

Hi again
    I submitted my application in December - but that was because I was already in HK. (Now in UK). My interveiw is also for the end of March.
    Be warned the process is really long and last time I had to resign from my job before I knew I was successful in my NET application! Really stressful. They didn't let me know until June whether I had the job...
    If you read on other forums you'll hear the same thing so be prepared!