Like Tree51Likes

GSIS vs CIS vs HKIS

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12
    Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    most tutorial centers with students in those schools will be able to offer some initial testing of your kids and then perhaps suggest a route forward.

check with ntk and sylvan... Sylvan helped a friend's kid a few years ago for a few hours to prepare for a cdnis entrwnce test as the kid had never sat an exam before.

but seriously .. dont mess yiur kids up by focusing on areas that they may not be interested in or might get too stressed.

"Initial testing" is just a marketing ploy to reel parents in, not even always done by actual qualified teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    How can a school have a religion? Only people can have beliefs.
    You must have lived under a rock for the last millennium not to have known that almost 90% of HK's schools are religious- Buddhist, Lutheran, Methodist, Catholic, Pentecostal and the like. Even language centres and tuition centres are not averse to screening applicants for religious affiliation. There are schools that won't even teach the sciences preferring instead to brainwash with religious ideology.
    Last edited by angeluscomplex; 09-09-2021 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angeluscomplex:
    You must have lived under a rock for the last millennium not to have known that almost 90% of HK's schools are religious- Buddhist, Lutheran, Methodist, Catholic, Pentecostal and the like. Even language centres and tuition centres are not averse to screening applicants for religious affiliation. There are schools that won't even teach the sciences preferring instead to brainwash with religious ideology.
    You're quoting a post from 13 years ago, from a banned poster.
    shri likes this.

You are all forgetting that if you go to CIS,then in year 10, you must spend one whole year in Hangzhou.

From my personal experience, CIS, GSIS kids all polite and well mannered.

Question I Can See Some Offensiveness

It is quite ridiculous for me to argue such thing that was written around 12 years ago. In fact nobody will not spectate this thing. However, I want to argue that this teacher criticized about specific school in extreme manner. All schools deserve and prove their ability as a educational tool to improve their lovely students. University is not only a thing that should be regarded. In other words, schools are existing for human’s morality and core values too. Thus, thats the variables people should value. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurs88:
    You are all forgetting that if you go to CIS,then in year 10, you must spend one whole year in Hangzhou.

From my personal experience, CIS, GSIS kids all polite and well mannered.
    Assuming you can get a place for your kid at CIS, that is. Whatever drop in student population elsewhere, there is still very high demand for a place at CIS. And the debenture is not exactly cheap either.

Sorry for the mistaken grammar… I am not fluent in English…

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12