Like Tree51Likes

GSIS vs CIS vs HKIS

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

"Rich and Spoiled." That is what we are labeled as being HKIS graduates. We may be rich, but we are absolutely not spoiled. We are usually driven to school because of our school's localtion. As I said, please do some fuc-king research before commenting on a school. Our school is localed near the Tai Tam resourvoir. For a student like me, it would take me two goddamn hours to get there if I wasn't driven by a driver. (by the way, please look up in the dictionary between chauffers and drivers. I am sure 99% of our students only got drivers, not chauffers).
    Anyways, my point is that people give us these negative comments simply becuase they are jealous. IF HKIS is so corrupted, then why do students trasnfer to HKIS from other International Schools but never the other way aroudn?
    People please go get a life and stop being jealous. For my specific year, at least 70% of the students got into schools in the Top 30's. Only 15% of students got into top schools in GSIS? What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by mhc208:
    "Rich and Spoiled." That is what we are labeled as being HKIS graduates. We may be rich, but we are absolutely not spoiled. We are usually driven to school because of our school's localtion. As I said, please do some fuc-king research before commenting on a school. Our school is localed near the Tai Tam resourvoir. For a student like me, it would take me two goddamn hours to get there if I wasn't driven by a driver. (by the way, please look up in the dictionary between chauffers and drivers. I am sure 99% of our students only got drivers, not chauffers).
    Anyways, my point is that people give us these negative comments simply becuase they are jealous. IF HKIS is so corrupted, then why do students trasnfer to HKIS from other International Schools but never the other way aroudn?
    People please go get a life and stop being jealous. For my specific year, at least 70% of the students got into schools in the Top 30's. Only 15% of students got into top schools in GSIS? What a joke.
    Your spelling errors are enough to put me off considering your school for my children
    Kriskk1 likes this.

I would assume that they're not going to make this guy the poster child for HKIS

Donnialda likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mhc208:
    IF HKIS is so corrupted, then why do students trasnfer to HKIS from other International Schools but never the other way aroudn?
    This is simply not true - I know of a number of families who have moved their kids from HKIS into the ESF system.

Am assuming that CIS means the Chinese International School and not the newer Canadian International School...

I went to SIS and loved it - If I had to choose between CIS, HKIS and GSIS I would hands down choose CIS - it's an amazing school! But for all the complaints people have given of the other schools pretty much all the International schools (Including ESF) are great here and if your kid is going to do well at one they probably will at any of the others - if they are going to be a spoilt brat... well they probably will at any of them ... maybe it's more an attitude learnt at home

I went to a top boarding school in NZ for the last two years of school for a number of reasons, and the education was rubbish compared to SIS. I don't know many kids who have done a similar change from a HK school to overseas school who hasn't felt the same way.

Kriskk1 likes this.

SIS - South Island School? Singapore International?

SIS - South Island School - there was only one SIS when I was at school here

Judging a person's language level from a rashly written forum post is like judging a book by its cover.

2009 results

It has been since I have left my international school but i still check up the results and university acceptance rates etc. GSIS is definitely a top school to chose. Honestly saying if you would prefer to go to the states for uni then HKIS will be the solution but if you are considering following the british system then german swiss is the answer. It currently holds the top academic results for gcse's and a-levels. ESF schools have improved over the years but they still don't achieve higher results than the top international schools-this is still quite obvious. ( however there are always exceptions of course) This year german swiss applicants have scored top of the top. Many harvard stanford upenn columbia yale (german swiss doesn't even do SATS so it proves that the students work extra hard and still reach perfect results), a lot of Cambridge Oxford Durham Imperial LSE applicants. Working in the finance sector i used to work in the head hunting world and our top applicants at the end of the day are people who hold a British university degree. In the industry we call the American degree the VERY general degree. You can never forget that at the end of the day the British educational system is much more highly regarded, competitive, (actually focusing on your major) and much more "user friendly" in Hong Kong. There is no point of arguing about this as it is a fact. Simple examples considering the most highly regarded jobs,eg.a medical degree in US is not accepted in Hong Kong, qualifiers could only practice in university hospitals but UK medical degree holds full acceptance in the hk medical world. The Hong Kong institute of Chartered Accountants do not accept the chartered system from the united states, unlike the ACA or ACCA in UK. Students studying Law in UK still have to do the pcll conversion but in US there are more complications and more papers to take. In the world of professional jobs such as chartered accountants, chartered engineers, Lawyers, Doctors etc. it is pretty obvious that the American system in still not in full recognition, this is why nearly everyone in America do a masters, it is considered quite a general step.( Hong Kong used to be owned by the British therefore HK MUCH more prefers the UK degree) The British system is definitely the top, if you look at top people in professional world, politicians even socialites , UK system is always the original (look back in history as well ) this reason following a British system in hong kong is quite obviously the wiser choice (if you are considering staying in Hong Kong or UK) GSIS holds the top of the results for this (check results percentage yourself) If it is about the spoiltness then it is wrong. When i was there everyone was rich but not how everyone makes it. Think about it this way, they might be wealthy but they get the grades at the end of the day and do PRETTY well after that. so.....judge yourself. less academic schools are the obviously one canadianIS, frenchIS,AusIS. My friend in HR tell me that the applicants who attend the not reputed international schools are placed behind. best applicants are topinternational school-ers who then transfer to top boarding schools in the UK. Shows family knowledge of academic excellence and knowledge of family social standing.
    woohoo thank god i then went to boarding school haha

Kriskk1 likes this.

alumni

It has been since I have left my international school but i still check up the results and university acceptance rates etc. GSIS is definitely a top school to chose. Honestly saying if you would prefer to go to the states for uni then HKIS will be the solution but if you are considering following the british system then german swiss is the answer. It currently holds the top academic results for gcse's and a-levels. ESF schools have improved over the years but they still don't achieve higher results than the top international schools-this is still quite obvious. ( however there are always exceptions of course) This year german swiss applicants have scored top of the top. Many harvard stanford upenn columbia yale (german swiss doesn't even do SATS so it proves that the students work extra hard and still reach perfect results), a lot of Cambridge Oxford Durham Imperial LSE applicants. Working in the finance sector i used to work in the head hunting world and our top applicants at the end of the day are people who hold a British university degree. In the industry we call the American degree the VERY general degree. You can never forget that at the end of the day the British educational system is much more highly regarded, competitive, (actually focusing on your major) and much more "user friendly" in Hong Kong. There is no point of arguing about this as it is a fact. Simple examples considering the most highly regarded jobs,eg.a medical degree in US is not accepted in Hong Kong, qualifiers could only practice in university hospitals but UK medical degree holds full acceptance in the hk medical world. The Hong Kong institute of Chartered Accountants do not accept the chartered system from the united states, unlike the ACA or ACCA in UK. Students studying Law in UK still have to do the pcll conversion but in US there are more complications and more papers to take. In the world of professional jobs such as chartered accountants, chartered engineers, Lawyers, Doctors etc. it is pretty obvious that the American system in still not in full recognition, this is why nearly everyone in America do a masters, it is considered quite a general step.( Hong Kong used to be owned by the British therefore HK MUCH more prefers the UK degree) The British system is definitely the top, if you look at top people in professional world, politicians even socialites , UK system is always the original (look back in history as well ) this reason following a British system in hong kong is quite obviously the wiser choice (if you are considering staying in Hong Kong or UK) GSIS holds the top of the results for this (check results percentage yourself) If it is about the spoiltness then it is wrong. When i was there everyone was rich but not how everyone makes it. Think about it this way, they might be wealthy but they get the grades at the end of the day and do PRETTY well after that. so.....judge yourself. less academic schools are the obviously one canadianIS, frenchIS,AusIS. My friend in HR tell me that the applicants who attend the not reputed international schools are placed behind. best applicants are topinternational school-ers who then transfer to top boarding schools in the UK. Shows family knowledge of academic excellence and knowledge of family social standing.
    woohoo thank god i then went to boarding school haha

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast