Like Tree51Likes

GSIS vs CIS vs HKIS

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

If you are talented and destined to be somebody, it really doesn't matter where you study or even if you go to university.

Bush studied at Yale... Gates dropped out, Dell dropped out, Ellison dropped out, Tiger Woods dropped out, Buffett got his first degree in Nebraska.

33% of Forbes 400 without college degree. Obviously you odds are better but it doesn't make you more intelligent nor better if you go to a top university. You are who you are...

If you attend/graduate from a top school, it simply means you have money and you are probably not a complete dunce though the money can compensate for that.

Last edited by gilleshk; 01-12-2009 at 11:47 AM.
    Donnialda, Molie and Sun Queen like this.

My brother's kids went to GSIS, and while I can't really fault it - I heard a lot of the good teachers have left recently. Also they aren't so big on sports. Personally I'd go for HKIS. My friend's children who went there ended up very well rounded.

That is not true because I applied to be a T.A. and got accepted and i told them I was not a Christian

Also my son studies there and is in advance Chinese levels and is not using simplified version he is in mnn3 the 4th highest level and is in 5th grade with a Chinese level of a 6th grader from a local school.

need your advise!

I am thinking to transfer my son from Guanzhou school to HK. he is now in last semester of year 3 of middle school in Chinese education system ( year 10 in UK system, year 9 in US system) . his english is fine. no problem with Chinese. good at math.

besides GSIS, HKIS, CIS( too expensive), AIS( heard not good), what else you can recommend to me?

appreciated!

ESF would be the cheapest/best option. Otherwise you can look at CDNIS which is good and very nice but it's not cheap either.

You could go for a cheaper school like Delia School of Canada. It's not a bad place though the facilities are so so. Young and enthusiastic teachers, a good curriculum and a wider range of students in terms of abilities and cultures.

If you're into the christian thing, ICS has a nice new school near Ma On Shan...

There's Australian International School in Kowloon that isn't bad either...

thanks ,will check them out!

Quote Originally Posted by mixed coffee:
    need your advise!

I am thinking to transfer my son from Guanzhou school to HK. he is now in last semester of year 3 of middle school in Chinese education system ( year 10 in UK system, year 9 in US system) . his english is fine. no problem with Chinese. good at math.

besides GSIS, HKIS, CIS( too expensive), AIS( heard not good), what else you can recommend to me?

appreciated!
    Definately ESF schools, I heard that the students studying in it are the best-disciplined ones apart from GSIS, HKIS and CIS. There is also ICS but their standards are far worse than HKIS in terms of academically (according to their average SAT results).

HKIS the best disciplined??? Thats funny!!! Excellent school and lots of bright students though...

Also home to the most bratty (must be the american influence) and drugs are not infrequently used amongst some of the students. More so than CIS, GCIS or CDNIS but then again it's a big student population...

You're going to find kids that use drugs at virtually any international school in HK--at least that was the case when I was in my teens! The ESF schools were definitely no exception.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast