Bad: weak in chinese + no IB

CIS:
    Good: Good English + good Chinese and use traditional chinese + IB
    Bad: Less Discipline

HKIS
    Good: Good English + IB
    Bad: Less Discipline + weak in chinese and use simplified chinese

any thought?

How about interview process? can the child prepare for interview, like taking somekind of course?

thanks for the comment.
    Jo

HKIS - bad: basically a missionary institution; only a certain variety of god delusionist allowed to be on the full-time staff.

GSIS: nurture your kids and develop them !

CIS: rote learning and keep pushing them. Tough when your English has to be equivalent to your Chinese. Most parents end up having private tutors for the Chinese.

HKIS: great for developing brats !

Interview tips for GSIS: go with the flow; your kids need to be good in english and confident to communicate with others.

responded to your PM

meowmeowjo

I have given you more details on the PM.

Shout if you have more questions or I can put you in touch with my wife who can give you the gory details.

PDLM : Several people here, including myself are proud products of missionary schools. Not all that bad as you make it out to be ...

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    HKIS - bad: basically a missionary institution; only a certain variety of god delusionist allowed to be on the full-time staff.
    "Missionary Inst." aside, HKIS does seem to have more than its fair share of the spoiled.

Maybe too many haughty-type CEOs and "high-horsed" financiers as parents? Dunno... but a few kids I've come across treat everyone like DHs!

Quote Originally Posted by meowmeowjo:
    GSIS:
    Good: Discipline + Good english
    Bad: weak in chinese + no IB

CIS:
    Good: Good English + good Chinese and use traditional chinese + IB
    Bad: Less Discipline

HKIS
    Good: Good English + IB
    Bad: Less Discipline + weak in chinese and use simplified chinese

any thought?

How about interview process? can the child prepare for interview, like taking somekind of course?

thanks for the comment.
    Jo
    guys, i go to CIS, year 10 right now, but going onto year 11 after the summer. ask me if you have any questions.
    clara.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Um, no. I dislike HKIS as much as the next guy, but this statement is pretty wrong.

Well I know personally someone who was teaching there as a supply teacher for several months. The school was very impressed and over the next summer they invited her to apply for a full time post. Everything went very well and the offer was drawn up when someone in the recruiting process asked "oh, you are a Christian aren't you?". My friend's response was "no, but I'm happy to teach Christian values". This was not acceptable to HKIS and the offer was withdrawn.

HKIS's loss is ESF's gain.

angeluscomplex likes this.

Well I know personally someone who was teaching there as a supply teacher for several months. The school was very impressed and over the next summer they invited her to apply for a full time post. Everything went very well and the offer was drawn up when someone in the recruiting process asked "oh, you are a Christian aren't you?". My friend's response was "no, but I'm happy to teach Christian values". This was not acceptable to HKIS and the offer was withdrawn.

HKIS's loss is ESF's gain.
    Which is funny because I have several good friends who aren't Christian and are teaching there now.

It's a Lutheran school, and it shows sometimes, but for the most part, it's not a noticeable bias.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast