Like Tree3Likes

Kindy commute times

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kindy commute times

My 5 year old will be starting K 3 in September and I have her enrolled in my first preference school in tung Chung . For the first half of the school year this will likely mean a commute from causeway bay (full day class )and later on in the year from tsing yi .
    I never considered this would be an excessively long commute for her as she currently has a 7.30to 5.30 school day on the mainland without problem . However several friends have expressed doubts about a kids ability to manage this trip .
    Anyone with kids in Kindy similarly remote from home ?does it work in practice ? Thanks for any opinion

Well it's clearly less of a commute to Tung Chung than it is to the mainland.

You're welcome.

Our 5yo daughter has a 1 hr schoolbus ride from Hang Hau to Aberdeen each morning and back again, for 1/2 day school...on the bus at 10:30, school from 11:30-2:30, off the bus at 3:30...she also did it as a 4yo...at 4yo she nearly always slept on the ride home, but now she's awake for both trips...

it isn't a big deal. we live a million miles from everything in hk and my kids have regularly sat in the car for >1 hour each way.

from tsing yi, it won't be a big deal at all...especially if you take the train or a school bus.

Thanks for all your input :

Actually I don't even know if there is a school bus at the HongKong school . I will ask about that .its a local school so I guess I assummed they don't have/need one .

Sent from my ST27i using GeoClicks mobile app

I have found that kids will do whatever you tell them to....if you make them sit in a bus for hours on end...they will, and they won't even complain.

It's up to you as the parent to decide what is best for them and your family.

You're Welcome.

I assume you have a maid to take her to kindy?

Yes will have a maid . And I am assuming they nap in the afternoon at the full day schools .
    Actually any tips to help my daughter click with the maid would help .
    The maid has over 20years experience in Hong Kong with the one family bringing up kids so I assume she will have her own methods

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    Yes will have a maid . And I am assuming they nap in the afternoon at the full day schools .
    Actually any tips to help my daughter click with the maid would help .
    The maid has over 20years experience in Hong Kong with the one family bringing up kids so I assume she will have her own methods
    never heard of napping in a school here...fond memories of my nap mat in my kindy tho

They get a decent afternoon nap in the China Kindy I do know that . Gee that's going to be a long day for her then .have to see how she goes I really don't want her getting exhausted at so young age .

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast