English speaking Education in Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Question English speaking Education in Hong Kong

I may have a job opportunity coming up in Hong Kong and quite fancy living there for a couple of years. However, we have two duaghters one aged 12 and one aged 16. We are currently in the UK one dauighter is in year 7 the other will complete her GCSE's this year. Is it possible to find a school in Hong Kong where they can continue their English language education without having to pay unmanageable fees. (We will receive no sponsorship for educating our children!)

Thanks for any suggestions

your best bet would be esf(English Schools Foundation)... their fees are not as outrageous as other international schools. check out their website. you will probably find the fee schedule on it.

good luck with the decision!

Apply as early as you can for ESF. Some of my students apply more than a year in advance, and that's only for Primary school, high schools I assume are more competitive.

Also Delia School of Canada is supposed to be the cheapest.

yea u are right..good info

Question help help help!

Hi everyone, I need to enroll my children in a good but yet affordable primary school ASAP!
    Does anyone know about Delia School of Canada's reputation?

Quote Originally Posted by caty_29:
    Hi everyone, I need to enroll my children in a good but yet affordable primary school ASAP!
    Does anyone know about Delia School of Canada's reputation?
    I have replied to your PM. I have no problems with DSC, like the school in fact. Fees are about HKD 7500 per month. It is obviously not the UK curriculum though and there are not many European kids there (my daughter's friends are Korean, Thai, Japanese, Indian, Filipino).