Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cookie09

Part Time MBA: North American reputation

Closed Thread

Part Time MBA: North American reputation

Hey guys,

I plan on applying for my part-time MBA degree next year, and I'm struggling to decide which school to choose (HKUST or HKU).

I understand that HKUST's Business School is ranked higher than HKU globally, but from an employer standpoint (in North America, as I plan to move back eventually), is the HKUST name more recognized than HKU on my resume?

ie: An employer in North America (excluding big banks, and consulting companies) would look at the "Education part" of my resume and see either:

MBA, University of Hong Kong, HKU Business School
    or
    MBA, The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology, HKUST Business School

Through an employer's eyes, wouldn't the 1st selection look more "visually" reputable than the 2nd? (assuming the employer doesn't know about these MBA rankings and such)?

Am I over thinking this? Would appreciate your opinion! Thanks

neither university is well known in north america really, so yes you are overthinnking this

chris_yang22 likes this.

There is a new program coming in from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. It won't be here for another year or two though.

Quote Originally Posted by chris_yang22:
    There is a new program coming in from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. It won't be here for another year or two though.
    Won't that be an EMBA though (i.e. gonna cost a lota dolla).

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Won't that be an EMBA though (i.e. gonna cost a lota dolla).
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_yang22:
    Is this the EMBA version of it? Because if it is, I don't think I can afford that one.... nor do I have the executive backgroudn for it.