Does anyone know anything about Lutheran Academy in Yuen Long?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does anyone know anything about Lutheran Academy in Yuen Long?

LUAC in Yuen Long, they look quite desperate for native English teacher but they are an IB school... !? Any expat working there or expat parents, please share any thoughts?
    Happy CNY!!!

Tai Wai (Daai-Wai), Sha Tin (Saa-Tin), NT
    Quote Originally Posted by lauminmin:
    LUAC in Yuen Long, they look quite desperate for native English teacher but they are an IB school... !? Any expat working there or expat parents, please share any thoughts?
    Happy CNY!!!

^_^ Hello, Min-Min? As I know that's a private school or a DSS school. Maybe "aided schools" (aided by the government under certain scheme) or international school would sound better for many job seekers... What kind of job / school are you searching for?

Thanks Henry, it looks like a local school it me but it wants to be international I guess? I am looking for a classroom or ESL teaching job in an international school, that would be more suitable for me. THANKS.

Its a DSS school which essentially means a privately run school but given aid by the government. Most of Hong Kong's top/elite schools are DSS schools.

I dont see how you can say "wants to be international" - I see no indication that they want to be anything except for a decent DSS school.

If you are looking for an ESL position, you'll have far more luck in Local/DSS schools rather than international. International schools, in general, do not do ESL classes - they expect kids to have English as their primary dominant language.

All I mean was that 'International' might sound more attractive in HK. Thanks for the information, certainly helped me understand more about it. Have a good evening!

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Its a DSS school which essentially means a privately run school but given aid by the government. Most of Hong Kong's top/elite schools are DSS schools.

I dont see how you can say "wants to be international" - I see no indication that they want to be anything except for a decent DSS school.

If you are looking for an ESL position, you'll have far more luck in Local/DSS schools rather than international. International schools, in general, do not do ESL classes - they expect kids to have English as their primary dominant language.

^_^ Though several famous schools are DSS e.g. Heep Yunn, St Paul Co Ed, etc, the reverse is not so true... I mean DSS like Delia, Tak Shun, etc (sorry) are not elite at all (in the sense of public exam results etc).

There are a lot of Band One schools (top one third) but most of them are Aided instead of DSS. By the way nearly all DSS and Aided are local.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry K Laud:
    By the way nearly all DSS and Aided are local.
    Nearly? I dont know any International DSS/Aided schools, do you? AFAIK, all are local.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Nearly? I dont know any International DSS/Aided schools, do you? AFAIK, all are local.

^_^ Ya... a few... err... such as Wong Kam Fai (wong gam fai) and Li Po Chun (lei bou cheun). They are DSS international. And some Aided Schools, you know, they just get any kids that they can get including those from south asia who can't speak Cantonese at all in that sense they are somehow international.

I see, based on your criteria, you can also add Creative Secondary School to the list then...

^_^ Okay okay... South Asian is controversial but Li Po Chun is really international.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast