Like Tree2Likes

Working student in HK

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by filipios:
    Sorry to tell you that international students under the student visa can only work in their subject related jobs as internships , and it's not easy for a student to find a job that can cover your expanses (hk is the third most expensive city in the world!!) so you need to really be careful before making a move .. Coz at least u need 3500hkd a month just to eat and wash your cloth ..

Sent from my iPad using GeoClicks
    I'm a Permanent Resident so I'm eligible for a government loan. I was thinking about 8000 hkd to cover an entire month of my living expenses (assuming I would be able to get an apartment worth 2500-3000)

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    Have you now decided not to come with your boyfriend?
    I'm gonna go to HK first so probably for a year I have to live alone then when I have a stable place to live, he can join me.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    You will find it hard to fully support yourself with part-time work. Plus you will miss out on university life.

As you are PR, you've applied for government grants/loans, right?
    This is my second degree so I'm really not after the University life, I have experienced it before so my priority is just to finish the course.

I was wondering if there are like loans for living expenses as well? (But adding that on top of tuition fee loans, repaying after graduation would be a pain)

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    To the OP: tell your boyfriend to finish school if he's almost done. What is he thinking?
    Even I don't know what he is thinking.

Freelancing on the internet might be a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by pariandoll:
    I'm a Permanent Resident so I'm eligible for a government loan. I was thinking about 8000 hkd to cover an entire month of my living expenses (assuming I would be able to get an apartment worth 2500-3000)
    You can get a flatshare for that price, but you would have to live out in Tai O to get a whole apartment

Can RTL holders get any money?

Accomodation - Your university should be able to offer accomodation which should probably be cheaper.

Working here - Your first degree should put you in a better position than an undergraduate. But I would also think that English tutoring is the easiest.

Good luck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3