Like Tree4Likes

Sunderland PGCE - HK Related Q&A

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Anyone has completed the ECE programme? Will I get the QKT status in Hong Kong?

Anyone who recently got accreditation from HKCAAVQ for their sunderland distance PGCE program?

I imagine that most people don't want to share their qualifications assessments publicly, but I will.

I can also tell you that I know people that showed me this assessment for the Sunderland's PGCE in 2017 and 2018. As far as I can tell, the programme hasn't significantly changed, and should continue to be counted as equivalent to a local PGDE.

Not to make you fearful, but to be honest I got an HK qualifications assessment from another for an online US teaching program that worked for her in 2015, but when I submitted my documentation in mid July 2016 the qualifications assessment board had changed their rules and no longer counted the program as equivalent to a local PGDE, which is why I painstaintly did the Sunderland PGCE after already completing a program that allows me to be a fully qualified teacher in at least Florida (each state has their own qualification requirements, but generally you can transfer a qualification to be counted by another state, but it depends).

If you want QKT in the U.K. I'm quite sure you need to go to the U.K. and follow the appropriate procedures there. For the U.S. each state is different. And as for most of the rest of the world, as far as I know, a PGDE or PGCE is good enough for teaching in most places including local, private, and international schools in HK. I think a Sunderland PGCE plus some relevant experience is probably good enough to get many people decent to great teaching jobs in many places besides the U.S. and the U.K.

Hey guys,

I am in the process of applying for the PGCE (IDL) and was wondering if there is any recommended reading texts (official/ unofficial)? Namely in hindsight for those that have finished the course.

Also does anyone have any more information on the structure of how the course is taught and more detailed module breakdown than is on the website? Outside of describing the modules, there isn't any information on potential work that people may want to do themselves in preparation for the course.

Thanks

QTS

Hello.

I was wondering, if someone has the same question as me.
    I have QTS from the UK. Can I apply for registration with the EDB?
    In other words my question is: Can I avoid going through the HKCAAVQ? Can I apply directly with the EDB, if I am a registered teacher having a QTS from the UK?

Hi everyone. I am also thinking apply the PGCE this sept but my situation is a bit complicated. I am teaching IGCSE Chinese in a local school and got my bachelor degree from a local university. And I really don’t know why I couldn’t get a local PGDE offer for years. I am really frustrated and starting to find new ways. Here is my question, DOES PGCE (IDL) from university of Sunderland has major? Cuz the local PGDE has different majors like “PGDE (secondary) Major in Math” etc. And I am planning to apply international schools in Taiwan, their job requirements include “require PGCE”, does PGCE (IDL) has the same qualification with those full time on campus PGCE in UK?

Hundred thanks!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9