Like Tree4Likes

Sunderland PGCE - HK Related Q&A

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Sunderland PGCE - HK Related Q&A

Hi,

I've been teaching for 4 years in HK and I want to get myself a better qualification. I've been looking at the 1 year Sunderland Overseas PGCE. Will the EDB/HKCAAVQ accept this qualification? Has anyone had any success in getting their qualification approved?

I've searched the forum and found many threads but haven't the answers I'm looking for. Some people say "yes" and others "no".

Thanks.

Was there a definitive reason for any of the Yes / No comments? IMHO that is the reason for the HKCAAVQ. They decide if your qualification is good enough and if they give the nod then the EDB accepts it. You just have to pay your money to find out for sure.

re

No reasons were given, just the usual 'well my mate says no' 'well my mate got on to it'.

Has anyone actually managed to get accepted on this board?

Have you tried ringing HKCAAVQ?

No not yet, I emailed them but I had no reply.

I find that whenever I contact gov bodies in HK/UK I get answers that contradict themselves so was hoping to hear from a success story.

An ex colleague did it and went on to teach at a local secondary school, so I guess they must accept it.

A friend of mine did it, she is now a teacher at the Canadian International School.

So wait, do I understand you correctly that you want to take a year off from teaching to get an additional qualification?

That's a lot of time and income lost - is it really worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

I have a friend who did it and now works in an international school.

Ok, but is the salary difference worth sacrificing a whole year of income?

If the OP simply wants to improve their income level, there are much better ways to do so (visa issues not withstanding).

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast