mandarin/german kindergarten

Closed Thread

mandarin/german kindergarten

Hallo, we are looking for a mandarin kindergarten for German kids. Does such an institute/club exist in Hong Kong?

After many desperate searches, my conclusion is that the bilingual kindergartens in HK offer mostly English/Mandarin. Our 4 year old son understands English (I am British) but he only speaks German as we are currently living in Germany.

If anyone has any ideas or pointers, I would be really grateful.

Look here for a German Kindergarten - they do have an English stream too:
    German Swiss International School (德瑞國際學校)

I'm not sure you'll find a German/Mandarin Kindergarten, but you should be able to find Mandarin playgroups.

German

Hi Maria,
    I am running a German speaking pre-school once a week in Central. You are welcome to contact me for more info.

German

My child (English) is at the German Swiss Intl school in the International stream. They have German kindy which is great in both the German and Intl stream but I can tell you that they do not study Mandarin until they are in Year 4. The combination as far as the Germans are concerned do not mix - they would prefer their students learnt German first. Your best bet is to get your child into GSIS since its an excellent school and then you can do mandarin classes for them outside of school - they finish so early at 1pm that you will have plenty of time in the afternoon to do this!