Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jmbf

Can I use the HK PGDE [primary] in the UK?

  1. #1

    Can I use the HK PGDE [primary] in the UK?

    So I've been in HK almost 3 years now and I finally got a place in a Primary School this year [previous 2 years being only KG] so I can finally apply for the PGDE primary courses.

    However, I don't know if I want to stay living in Hong Kong forever and if I go back to the UK at a later date, is it still valid?

    I was wondering if anyone can help me, do you have any personal experience in this matter or have any friends etc that have been through this?

    I don't want to fork over my cash for the course only to have to pay again and take the PGCE course if I go back to England.

    Many thanks in advance, I really hope someone can help me.

    Xx L xX

    Last edited by bumapotofishus; 05-10-2014 at 03:49 PM.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    There have been similar issues discussed in these threads here:

    Although no conclusion is reached, I'd guess it wouldn't be regarded as highly as a PGCE course taken in England. From the Hong Kong Institution of Education's own website it states "Postgraduate Diploma in Education Programme (PGDE) aims to prepare university graduates to become competent and confident teachers in schools in Hong Kong."

    Direct link here : Postgraduate Diploma in Education Programmes

    WONGTERRY likes this.