Why can't visitors learn?

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Ahh - anyway, as a wiser man than me said, I'd best leave it at that. Bygones, and all that. You know there's no winning when you get branded "downright rude" for using the word "hypocritical" and a few winky faces.

As for the original topic - OP, ignore the shit about being an illegal alien (the thought police don't exist in Hong Kong yet, and won't be deporting anyone for "thinking about" getting a job somewhere). Either get a student visa and go to some formal classes, or just get to know a few local people (cute girls perhaps) and chat with them over a coffee or beer, improving your Cantonese in the process. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, unless the immigration department stamped "no talking to the natives!" on your passport.

Hmmmm...it seems another "wise man from the west" gave me a red blob.

Oh well I really don't care what my reputation is on some online forum. If someone like PDLM can gain such a positive ranking, it essentially proves that the ranking system is total rubbish to begin with.

Yeah - somebody with a big red pen is having a field day on this thread today. I got one for apparently "caring too much about my reputation."! Well no doubt he/she will soon get the message "you have given too much reputation today" and will go home and retire for the night......

Whoever the red baller is should let their balls drop, step up to the plate, and tell everyone who he is. Of course sociopaths are infamous cowards and prefer to remain anonymous.

For the record, I red flagged PDLM and included "Pretentious Prick" as my reason.

Quote Originally Posted by IceAIM:
    For the record, I red flagged PDLM and included "Pretentious Prick" as my reason.
    Grey flag in your case since the system apparently doesn't think your opinion is worth much

IceAIM...you can red flag PDLM again once your dot turns green. however, i doubt you can do any damage to his rating since he has a gazillion points already. hahaha

Have you tried Practical Mandarin...you can take Cantonese classes there (in group or private) and they will not discriminate you because you are a visitor...on the contrary, they will want your money.

Check out the website and give them a call (they are in Central, on Jubilee Road - Closest station: Hong Kong MTR)

Practical Mandarin Learning Centre

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Grey flag in your case since the system apparently doesn't think your opinion is worth much
    I don't think your employer pays you a salary so you can go red balling Moving07, Hamton, and anyone else that stands in the way of your megalomaniacal fantasies of becoming Hong Kong's first white Chief Executive.

Vote for PDLM for Chief Executive in 2017! Hong Kong's last great white hope!

Keep on posting PDLM, you are doing a great job showing the forum your true colors!
    Last edited by IceAIM; 11-09-2008 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Is the fact that you were happy to be an illegal immigrant living and work here illegally for 6 months supposed to make us see you as some sort of superior person? To me it simply shows your disrespect for the law and hence all the reason I would need not to do any business with you.
    Who said anything about being an illegal immigrant for 6 months?

I was not paid a penny by my Hong Kong corporation during that time. My corporation certainly did do work, but it was allowed to since it's a judicial person holding a valid business license.

Furthermore all work that the corporation did at the time was under the recommendation of InvestHK.

I'm guessing InvestHK got overruled by His Worship Magistrate PDLM.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

IceAIM, did you mention you "volunteered" at your firm, that is worked but without pay?

If so, then you were in breach of your tourist visa which only allows you to spend as much money as your credit card limit allows in the plethora of luxury branded shops, visit the Big Buddha and take lots of photos.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7