Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jmbf

PGDE HKIED primary English Interview/Entry test!

Closed Thread

PGDE HKIED primary English Interview/Entry test!

I just received an invitation for Interview/Entry test for primary English PGDE at HKIED .Can anyone tell me what to expect and how should I prepare for the test ( if any prep is needed). I attended the PGDE test at HKU a few days back and received an email that my round 2 didn't go so well .I didnt receive any interview call from HKUso I'm thinking I didn't get in .I don't want to miss HKIED .I didnt prepare Sh** for HKU I thought It'd be a piece of cake but the second part of the paper was a little advanced with all the grammar stuff :P . So without further due I Beggin ya people help me get in :P

Anyone who has attended the test and interview please share your experience
    Any help is much appreciated.

P.S I am a native speaker but I haven't given any language exam for a few years now

I would have imagined it would be quite similar to the HKU test, so that's probably your best point of reference.

Why not consider to take a TEFL or TESOL or even CELTA? You should have no problem to have it

Quote Originally Posted by brianleung:
    Why not consider to take a TEFL or TESOL or even CELTA? You should have no problem to have it
    A PGDE can't be compared to TEFL / TESOL / CELTA, it's a much higher level of qualification.
    Fiona in HKG and chingleutsch like this.

Obviously PGDE, Post Graduate Diploma of Education, it is clearly a higher level of qualification, however, not everyone will have the opportunity to join. As far as I know, there are two universities and one institute offering PGDE. The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Baptist University and Institute of Education. You need to have an interview with them first, (Both speaking and writing assessment)
    Therefore, I recommend a TEFL or TESOL to start with, once you have more teaching experience, you will have higher opportunity to enroll the PGDE.