Like Tree67Likes

CDNIS - A death by a thousand cuts?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

I could be looking at this wrong, but seems like majority of the board are elected.

Board of Governors

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    That's like saying customers of Apple have a say in how to run Apple.
    Parent who thinks like that needs to home school their kids.
    Your reply would work only if Apple customers are required to buy stock in Apple before they can buy the products. Students at the school need to buy debentures before they get accepted. Try again smart ass.
    jimbo likes this.

That's like saying customers of Apple have a say in how to run Apple.
    Parent who thinks like that needs to home school their kids.
    You're not comparing apples to apples (pun intended), therefore your comparison is meaningless.
    jimbo and threelittlepigs like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I could be looking at this wrong, but seems like majority of the board are elected.

Board of Governors
    There are two levels of governors it seems - founding governors and elected governors. I think it is this two tier structure that is leading to a lot of the issues. I think there were questions of this governance structure from the accreditation committee that came to examine the school.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    Your reply would work only if Apple customers are required to buy stock in Apple before they can buy the products. Students at the school need to buy debentures before they get accepted. Try again smart ass.
    And why do you think it's called debenture and not simply stocks?

If parents want their child to be educated in a certain way - I'd lean further than that Richard Wong and say home schooling would be the way.
    Last edited by Creative83; 21-04-2015 at 01:53 PM.

If parents want their child to be educated in a certain way - I'd lean further than that Richard Wong and say home schooling would be the way.
    What happens if you're sold on a vision or implied quality of an ISP and you enter into a 10 year contract... play a bunch of money upfront.

You become a loyal customer of the ISP. You even donated generously when the ISP has requested that you donate funds to say ... give their employees new screwdrivers.

You've told all your friends that this is the best ISP in town and gotten them to sign on.

You must continue to drink the Koolaid while you're a customer... it is mandatory.

One day, half way through your contract, you've noticed that connections are deteriorating, employees are not happy and this results in a further deterioration of service.

They have you by the balls.. because it would take you a year or two to switch ISPs AND you'd loose the generous donations and upfront payments...

Then at a consumer meeting .. the ISPs chairman, who is also called Richard, asks you in the nicest possible manner to fuck off. Would you be all cheery and bend over in three different ways with a smile and a jar of vaseline in your hand?

Oh and by the way, you must have an ISP .. because sending smoke signals is illegal in HK.

Bottom line .. schools are businesses and should learn to behave like businesses.
    Last edited by shri; 21-04-2015 at 02:40 PM.

And why do you think it's called debenture and not simply stocks?

Sorry but I don't trust your judgement regarding anything educational since your ridiculous comments in this old thread.

https://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/...ead272913.html
    threelittlepigs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    just to clarify, debentures are optional and most parents do not have one.

but either a debenture needs to be held or an annual capital levy needs to be paid.... either way thats still technically an investment in the school and not just simply a consumer which should be told to STFU...

shri, rani and threelittlepigs like this.

The Annual Levy is $27,000 and most people I know have more than 1 child in the school.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast