Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9
Like Tree66Likes

CDNIS - A death by a thousand cuts?

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Don't his kids go there?

Anyway on a related side note this article in yesterday's economist brought a smile to my face. You have to keep reading until the end. It is mainly about the economy but the journalist is pleasantly surprised at the end when interviewing poorly paid nightshift workers heading home.

George Osborne’s sad triumph | The Economist

Bagehot, who admires Mr Osborne’s stated vision for Britain, understands that thoughtlessness—for, as he discovered at Tulse Hill that morning, he can also be guilty of it. He was interviewing Gina, a resident of the estate, at the time, as she trudged home from her night-shift. A single mother of three, heavily pregnant, she had just spent six hours cleaning an office in central London, another two travelling by bus, and was plainly shattered. Yet she answered all your columnist’s nosy questions graciously.

Yes, she got tax credits, roughly equivalent to her salary; and, yes, she would be sunk without them. Probably she would have to take her children—who were right then making breakfast—out of school and return to Ecuador, where life was less hopeful, but easier in a way. The coming welfare cuts, heavily trailed in the press, terrified her, she said. Then she smiled and asked after your columnist’s six-year-old son. Unbeknown to Bagehot, he is her daughter’s classmate, and how fortunate he is.
    Last edited by East_coast; 11-07-2015 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enderman
    What I would say is that there are some great fee paying schools that are in that middle market...I think it's just that not many expats know about them...I know of a few English medium schools in the NTs that charge 5xxx per month and are more western in teaching style...
    Hi Enderman, I know this is an old thread. It's that season again and I'm searching for school options. Would greatly appreciate if you could share these English medium schools in NT with reasonable fees. Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by melodyhk
    Hi Enderman, I know this is an old thread. It's that season again and I'm searching for school options. Would greatly appreciate if you could share these English medium schools in NT with reasonable fees. Thanks so much!
    Can't say whether all of them are English-medium, but a lot of them are.

Hong Kong Direct Subsidy Scheme Schools Council

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9