A TEFL is better or A TESOL is better

Closed Thread

A TEFL is better or A TESOL is better

Just wonder, I always heard about TEFL and TESOL, sometimes CELTA... but what is the big deal of those three... I want to be able to teach overseas, in order to be qualified, I need to have at least one of them... help me to choose ....

For most purposes TEFL = TESOL in terms of qualifications. A basic first job will usually require a degree and a TEFL certificate.

The CELTA is, in my opinion, a top end TEFL certificate. It is perhaps the most widely regarded. It is, however, a very intensive course send some people find it very difficult.

What a lot of people do is take a simple TEFL certificate, teach for a while and then, if they decide they want to advance or climb higher up the chain then they take a CELTA.

If CELTA is a very intensive course... I probably will not join... I don't want to go to school after a long time work. Perhaps TEFL and TESOL are the better option. Let me see which institute I should choose

Nothing wrong with a bit of hard work. Getting a better quality qualification will pay off much more in the longer term.