Studying as a local student

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Hong Kong

    Studying as a local student

    So I found out that if you are in HK for 3 consecutive years you are considered as a local student at the universities, but it doesn't seem to count if you are on a student visa. Currently I'm on a employer's visa so are there any other options to study as a local student? What if I had 2 years left on my visa and decided to leave my job but study full time? I'm guess that wouldn't be allowed?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    On an employment visa, you can enrol part time programmes within the validity period of the visa..
    If you need visa to be enrold in univ degree, student visa, obviously you are non local and be full time..
    If you wanna enrol fulltime after quitting your job, then you have to convert the visa into a student visa.
    Last edited by shafiq; 30-06-2015 at 12:37 PM.