Like Tree20Likes

Study Chinese In HK for Cheap ???

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Next:
    Now i want to know if when i get a visa to China (multi-entries) for some 12 months, do i can live in Hng Kong using this visa for 12 months? or visa to china dont allow me to enter Hong Kong?
    Entry visas are quite different between China and Hong Kong.
    Depending on what passport you are using, you might need a visa for China but not for Hong Kong.
    Maybe take a look into HK Immigration website on that.
    Next likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by vwyleung:
    Entry visas are quite different between China and Hong Kong.
    Depending on what passport you are using, you might need a visa for China but not for Hong Kong.
    Maybe take a look into HK Immigration website on that.
    Hi dear vwyleung and many thanks for your help
    For me a an Algerian i can come to HK without visa but only for 14 days that all, but some one told me that i can travel to HK and on the 14th day i must go to macao and back to HK on the same day to get other 14 days legal in HK because also to visit macao dont need visa for us Algerians, but i dont know how many time it will take from macao to Hk and if this is legal !!! perhaps if i come to HK and stay some weeks i will find the best solution to stay in HK (work or study)...

I feel this option is good, because if i stay in Hk without paying thousands of $ for a school, i can do an exchange of lannguage, i teach other arabic and french and theyr teach me chinese and by the way seeking a job to stay there for more... ist possible as you know laws there?
    Last edited by Next; 08-01-2016 at 03:59 AM.

If you are gonna be going to Macau to renew the HK entry, then you might as well just get a visa to HK.
    A return ticket on the ferry to and from Macau could cost over HK$400.
    If you are getting a visa to China anyways, then you can travel to Mainland China and re-enter HK.
    But that is also time-consuming.

I would look into a longer term visa for HK...

Working in HK require an HKID or work visa. Some employers would sponsor the visa but I am not sure how easy it is to get one if you are not teaching English.

Last edited by vwyleung; 08-01-2016 at 04:12 AM.
    Next likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by vwyleung:
    If you are gonna be going to Macau to renew the HK entry, then you might as well just get a visa to HK.
    A return ticket on the ferry to and from Macau could cost over HK$400.
    If you are getting a visa to China anyways, then you can travel to Mainland China and re-enter HK.
    But that is also time-consuming.

I would look into a longer term visa for HK...

Working in HK require an HKID or work visa. Some employers would sponsor the visa but I am not sure how easy it is to get one if you are not teaching English.
    Hello and many thanks again too
    About china, i know i can get a tourist visa for 12 months with multi-entries without problem but honestly i didn't found how to get long term tourstic visa terme but its free to us to visit HK without visa for 14 days ONLY !

To get a job in HK, i am planing to seek companies who want to develop their business in arabic countries so i have experience in thta case so they will need only english and arabic and its ok for me! but i know its not easy but also i know that arabic countries represent a strong market for HK and chinese companies especially hi-tech companies like smartphone, online supplier such alibaba and so... i think there is many companies like this in HK, no?

The cheapest and fastest way to learn any language is to drink and party with someone who speaks that language natively and is willing to speak that language to you more than 75% of the time.

HK really isn't the country for that, but Taiwan and China definitely is. HK does have a decent number of one-on-one mandarin tutors, and I'd recommend that over a class. That's of course, unless you have absolutely ZERO Chinese knowledge. In which case, I question your commitment to your goal.

Next likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Next:
    Hello and many thanks again too
    About china, i know i can get a tourist visa for 12 months with multi-entries without problem but honestly i didn't found how to get long term tourstic visa terme but its free to us to visit HK without visa for 14 days ONLY !

To get a job in HK, i am planing to seek companies who want to develop their business in arabic countries so i have experience in thta case so they will need only english and arabic and its ok for me! but i know its not easy but also i know that arabic countries represent a strong market for HK and chinese companies especially hi-tech companies like smartphone, online supplier such alibaba and so... i think there is many companies like this in HK, no?
    I think your better off looking at guangzhou for that sort of trade . There are numbers of such traders there . Your going to find everything up uphill all the way in Hong Kong even if you manage to crack the visa problem.
    Essentially your language and trade proposal is workable and good luck to you : but in mainland China : not Hong Kong
    Last edited by hongkong7; 08-01-2016 at 08:36 AM.
    Next likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianmcli:
    The cheapest and fastest way to learn any language is to drink and party with someone who speaks that language natively and is willing to speak that language to you more than 75% of the time.

HK really isn't the country for that, but Taiwan and China definitely is. HK does have a decent number of one-on-one mandarin tutors, and I'd recommend that over a class. That's of course, unless you have absolutely ZERO Chinese knowledge. In which case, I question your commitment to your goal.
    Yes yes! i think about to study chinese i found an idea here on the forum exchange language is the best solution! i will give my 2 languages to get chinese (cantonese + mandarin)! and to avoid that expensive courses fees!

About HK, in reality it the choice of my heart lol So i am more excited to live in HK then to live in China, i think in china i will find my self alone! while in HK there are many foreigners!

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    I think your better off looking at guangzhou for that sort of trade . There are numbers of such traders there . Your going to find everything up uphill all the way in Hong Kong even if you manage to crack the visa problem.
    Essentially your language and trade proposal is workable and good luck to you : but in mainland China : not Hong Kong

Many thanks again for you all, you gave much great information, as i said HK is the choice of heart lol I plan to come to HK with and multi-entries 12 months visa to china on my passport so like this i will have much time to choose bewteen HK and china and i think the city you cited above is only some 120km from HK, so i think its very closer...

I realy have no idea about clife in china but my friend who lived for many years in china he told me that HK is better for foreigners, right?

Next,

Take your pick - comfort in Hong Kong? or learn a language?

That's your two options.

No, you can't have both.

Last edited by Creative83; 09-01-2016 at 04:02 AM.
    Next likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    Next,

Take your pick - comfort in Hong Kong? or learn a language?

That's your two options.

No, you can't have both.

Honestly i want the three 3 !!! language, confort in HK and why not have a job in HK !
    I havent any information about HK and i thought HK speak chinese a china and here i discovred that its not the same! so i am little losed but i want HK more than China !