Like Tree28Likes

International school children responsibility

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I personally think it is better the way addressed in the first post. The school is innocent until proven negligent.

Does not in any way reduce the responsibility of the school.

Wait till you start dealing with the upmarket parents and you will figure out quickly why it is better this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagazza:
    I come from western Europa and not china.

Still, in this case the school is responsible and liable for everything happen to the children UNLESS it proves there was no wrongdoing/negligence from its side.
    The concept is called Presumption of Innocence, which is not as strong in some European countries. There's a EU directive that tries to strengthen Presumption of Innocence in Europe. Apparently there's also some petition going on in Italy.

Beniamino Migliucci, president of the Italian Association of Criminal Lawyers, has started a petition for a constitutional amendment to be presented for a public vote in October.

“We need to remember the presumption of innocence,” he said.
    7,000 Italians wrongfully imprisoned each year: report - The Local

You sound like rich and entitled. Lol. Just because you're rich and kid goes to an international school you automatically think everything will be their fault.

East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NAMBLA:
    You sound like rich and entitled. Lol. Just because you're rich and kid goes to an international school you automatically think everything will be their fault.
    In the EU, they have created this "nanny state", or wrapping the kid in cotton wool. Back in the days when I went to school, you fell over, got into scrapes, then it was the kids fault, not the school's. Here, kids have to be taught responsibility for their own actions otherwise the lawyers would be the most well off and the schools bankrupted. Nothing to do with being rich , just overprotective and the old " girded from my own loins" attitude, my kid comes first bull dust.
    kimwy66 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    In the EU, they have created this "nanny state", or wrapping the kid in cotton wool. Back in the days when I went to school, you fell over, got into scrapes, then it was the kids fault, not the school's. Here, kids have to be taught responsibility for their own actions otherwise the lawyers would be the most well off and the schools bankrupted. Nothing to do with being rich , just overprotective and the old " girded from my own loins" attitude, my kid comes first bull dust.
    Bullshit, look at the advancement of extreme and other sports in the 20 years due to increased funding. Kids are doing stuff these days that would've been unheard of 40 years ago. If the state was so busy wrapping kids in cotton wool, this advancement would've never happened. Sure enough, there are parents out there who do that and there's more than plenty of them in Hong Kong too, but blaming it on the state is a little bit far-fetched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF5u78G7pY4

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    Back in the days when I went to school, you fell over, got into scrapes, then it was the kids fault, not the school's. Here, kids have to be taught responsibility for their own actions otherwise the lawyers would be the most well off and the schools bankrupted. Nothing to do with being rich , just overprotective and the old " girded from my own loins" attitude, my kid comes first bull dust.
    I don't see the new attitude you describe to be honest. Mine play sports, go swimming, do rock climbing (albeit indoors on a artificial wall) and generally seem to have more opportunities than I did at their age. We kicked a football around in the playground - children here have vastly better options.
    shri, Fiona in HKG and rickyross like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NAMBLA:
    My point still stands. The original poster sounds like an entitled... Hey look at me, I'm rich, my kid goes to an international school and I want to let everyone know. And also if anyone happens to my kid it's never his/her fault.
    Different countries have different legal cultures. If you don't understand that then you're a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions. I suggest you Google the underlined definition.
    shri likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2