PGCE University of Sunderland registered teacher status

PGCE University of Sunderland registered teacher status

Hi everyone, I will be starting the PGCE International (University of Sunderland) this September. I have my placement sorted and I know that the school I will be doing my teaching practice has teachers who have gone down the same route. However, I heard yesterday that the PGCEi is no longer accepted for teacher registration in Hong Kong. I have a feeling this person may be confusing this programme with the Nottingham one. So is the Uni of Sunderland PGCEi no longer accepted for teacher registration??

I am grateful for any help. Cheers.

Hey there. As far as I know the only teaching certificate that is not recognized by the Hong Kong government is the one from the University of Nottingham, that has the same initials as the Sunderland program (PGCE). Sunderland is widely recognized and accepted both at international and local schools here. Good luck!

I studied my undergrad at Sunderland studying English Language and Linguistics with TESOL. If you happen to meet Meg Timmins you're in for a treat. Really cool tutor and she worked in Hong Kong for a long time teaching English as well so I'm sure she can share her experiences with you.

Is PGCEi from University of Sunderland seek as accreditated by HKCAAVQ eventually?

Wondering the same

I am still trying to figure out if the PGCE program from Sunderland is recognized by HKGov.

I called the education bureau but i did not get a clear answer. I basically explained to the staff that i'd like to find out before I register and obtain the diploma/certificate; but the answer i got was "Apply to HKCAAVQ and you will know".

Can someone please help us out ?

Does PGCE from Sunderland allow me to qualify as a Registered Teacher with EDB in Hong Kong?

咁多人咁多個科林咁多年問左咁多次 冇人答到yes定no 講一大輪 答案無令兩可 "應該ok" "國際學校ok" "普遍認可". 乜其實真係咁難答咩 一大段回覆都講唔到重點 唉。。。

I have heard some applicants have been accredited and some have not, for reasons I can't seem to find out. I too called the EDB and HKCAAVQ but have not been able to get a clear answer, unfortunately. Has anyone else had any luck?

Sorry for reigniting an old thread ...

Mart1983... were you able to eventually register as a teacher in HK? Did HKVACCQ ever tell you what their criteria was for accepting the PGCE from Sunderland?

I am also considering the Sunderland program.

Many thanks.