Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Natural9
  • 1 Post By Kowloon Goon
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By Mrs. Jones

Primary Schools in Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Primary Schools in Hong Kong

Hi All,Would love to hear some feedback / suggestions, etc on a good affordable International School in Hong Kong. Or even a "happy" local school if there's such a thing.My daughter (7 years old) is currently attending a 'band 1" local school now and I think we'll transfer after this year. Most of the kids there are not happy (my daughter is no exception) and the things they stress is typical Hong Kong local education style . I didn't grow up here and now that my daughter has a strong Chinese reading / writing foundation (that's what local schools can provide) , we can look to going to an International school where reading and writing Chinese is not the top priority. Thanks

Kowloon Goon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural9:
    Hi All,Would love to hear some feedback / suggestions, etc on a good affordable International School in Hong Kong. Or even a "happy" local school if there's such a thing.My daughter (7 years old) is currently attending a 'band 1" local school now and I think we'll transfer after this year. Most of the kids there are not happy (my daughter is no exception) and the things they stress is typical Hong Kong local education style . I didn't grow up here and now that my daughter has a strong Chinese reading / writing foundation (that's what local schools can provide) , we can look to going to an International school where reading and writing Chinese is not the top priority. Thanks
    where are you in HK?

No clue where you live, but have been hearing good things about the Lutheran Academy and a few other schools recently - happy middle ground between decent academics and cost + IB

https://www.luac.edu.hk/home/en/curriculum.php?cid=12

civil_servant likes this.

Thanks for the reply East_coast. Location won't be a big deal for me as I can move to that area (for the school)... Or even take a bus from where I am currently (if they offer it) FYI I live in Sai Ying Pun at the moment...

Thanks shri for the suggestion, I will do some research...

Is Catholic Mission not a "happy" school??

Mrs. Jones likes this.

I would definitely recommend Catholic Mission School! Loads of happy kids there, a diverse student population (35 nationalities) and a very liberal and progressive principal. They have an ‘internationalized’ curriculum and are academically very good. The schools takes both gifted children and children with additional needs. Truly a gem amongst the local schools, but I understand they have long waiting lists nowadays.

Kowloon Goon likes this.