Like Tree4Likes

Any International School / Local School in Hong Kong recommendation for average students

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by ShaakTi:

If you wanted an A level curriculum (as an alternative to IB), then YMCA is the only viable option i can think of. This curriculum is rare in hong kong now. I know another school where i graduated with 3 A's and ended up going to HK University of Science and Technology, but it is not a worthy school in my opinion and its called : Saint Too Sear Rogers International School. It's a happy environment here, but boring... the school lacks enriching activities and are limited in A level electives.
    Not read the whole thread but would like to point out that there are a couple of other options for A Levels. Kellett and Harrow - are both of which are expensive. Kellett prides itself as being academically-non-selective, but does go out of its way to offer academic support where ever it is needed.

I am also of the opinion that IB, in the context of 'average' is students who may be good at one thing but have little interest in some subjects, is a bit overrated.
    ShaakTi likes this.

Island Christian Academy in Sheung Wan uses IPC curriculum (similar to IB apparently) and isn't super academically selective. And on the more affordable side i.e. $100-110K a year

shri likes this.