Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree4Likes

Need Help!!! for Local Secondary School

Quote Originally Posted by juanalias
    Yes. I put three kids through there, over about ten years. Not once did they miss an opportunity to make the wrong decision, about anything that affected my kids. My youngest stayed on to avoid upheaval. It's not the worst school in Hong Kong, and we chose it as the best of a bad bunch. If your child is the smile-and-take-it type, and you are, it could be ok for you. And it's not Mother Mary they fawn over - they are the happy-clappy ,hands in the air, feel His presence variety. The ex-principal used to make the kids listen to him play one-man-band Christian rock originals. And he tried to flog his CDs at school events. He's out of the picture now, but that may give you an idea of school culture.
    I thought you were being way over the top in your first post but having read that perhaps not .

Thanks alot all for the Informative reply.. really appreciate it...
    Just wondering..
    1. of those local schools, any body knows of any local school that teach chinese subjects with putong hua?
    2. Of those Local Schools, do they have streaming for those non chinese speaking students? how do they teach chinese to those Non Chinese speaking Students?

Thanks alot

Just want to add that if your son doesn't have excellent Chinese it will be very difficult to get a place in those famous, top local schools. They hand select elite students.

z754103 likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3