Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nivantj

Delia vs Po Leung Kuk - Primary School Decision

Delia vs Po Leung Kuk - Primary School Decision

Hello Everyone,

My son is presently studying kindergarten (K3) in Delia School in Mei Foo (DSS school). He attended interviews for few primary schools and got admission in two schools so far. Delia Mei Foo (same school - primary section) and Po Leung Kuk Lam Man Chan.

Need help in deciding between these two schools. The level of English teaching & proficiency seems to be similar in both the schools. Delia teaches Cantonese which is an advantage since we will live in Hong Kong for a while where as PLK teaches Mandarin, though more widely spoken language Cantonese is better for HK life. Also the number of non local students seem to be higher in Delia which I believe will be much easier for him.

If you have experience or details about both these schools please feel free to share them. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Ding..
    Suggestions from other parents will be helpful.

As it says at the top of this section, you might want to discuss this at the geobaby forum....
    Baby and Pregnancy Forums - GeoBaby Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by Ganesh400d
    Ding..
    Suggestions from other parents will be helpful.
    Have been hearing good things about Delia (Mei Foo) lately from lot of parents, in fact its getting so popular among South Asian communities that admission is difficult these days from what i hear.. Still remember the reputation of that school for various reasons 10-15 yrs ago, its a big turn around from there.. Personally i would go for Delia hands down for demographics, no idea about PLK Lam Man Chan but there is another popular PLK which used to be good multicultural school, over the years it has turned into local only with few token non-locals, Friend's kid was there for few years during this transition and had really hard time in lonely world..
    shri likes this.

Thanks Elle. I have posted in geobaby.

Quote Originally Posted by nivantj
    Have been hearing good things about Delia (Mei Foo) lately from lot of parents, in fact its getting so popular among South Asian communities that admission is difficult these days from what i hear.. Still remember the reputation of that school for various reasons 10-15 yrs ago, its a big turn around from there.. Personally i would go for Delia hands down for demographics, no idea about PLK Lam Man Chan but there is another popular PLK which used to be good multicultural school, over the years it has turned into local only with few token non-locals, Friend's kid was there for few years during this transition and had really hard time in lonely world..
    Thank you. This helps. I suppose you are referring to PLK Camões.