Ah, crappy typing on the ferry, too late to edit- that would be King's College, not Kong's.

I think you can put some more effort than my daughter did but, seriously, somewhere there is a list of all courses and what scores will get you in.

Also you don't need to apply to the same course at each school (mine did- English- but that was her own choice).

Even if you don't read all the stuff online, I was very impressed with the actual website application process, it was seriously user friendly and this was back in 2006. They make it very easy. The only hard part (vs. the process in the US) is that you need to know what subject you want to study (in the US you typically don't need to say what you want to study). But if your daughter knows that, then picking some schools that will match her test scores is pretty straightforward. (Mine also already had all her scores at the time she applied). The good thing about already having your scores is that the offers are typically unconditional if you meet the scores.

So she can take a gap year before going to the UK (seems to be done a lot these days) maybe do a working holiday somewhere or work locally.

Good luck!