School for practicum for PT PGDE(ECE) in HKU

Closed Thread

School for practicum for PT PGDE(ECE) in HKU

Hi everyone,
    I am a TESOL certified English teacher. I have been teaching English from last 3 years in various local kindergartens and primary schools in HK. I have now applied for the PGDE course in HKU for 2019. But since currently, I am working in a primary school as an ESL teacher the University wants me to find a Kindergarten school for my practicum. I have tried applying through lots of agents but they say they can't help me to find a school which can allow me to do the practicum. Can someone please suggest how can I find a school which can help me to support my learning else I won't be able to take up this course. Thanks!

Hi Abby,

you should reach out to a play-based kindergarten called FairChild. They might be able to help you. They are based in Sai Ying Pun. The principal is called Betty Yau. Google them and give them a call/email. They are very welcoming.

Hi! I also applied for PGDE (EDE) at HKU for Sep 2022. Do you have any experience you can share with how you found the course and which school you ended up doing your practicum at? If I understand correctly, you took the course part time?