Like Tree84Likes

Pre-Nursery madness

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

My previous post may have come off as saying no to school which isnt what I was trying to get at, my kid started going to nursery from 2 ish, local schools, she then moved to local Kindy;s that were covered by the education voucher system, we had a choice of half day or full day and we choose full, stick her in school all day instead of having her stuck at home 1/2 day watching tv or watching youtube My kid is in K3 and will going to P1 coming sept (head ache with the school lottery system).

My kid doesnt sleep at kindy, she's stopped having afternoon naps for a few years now and she goes to bed at 9pm (we try and by 10 pm shes fast asleep).

$100k is a lot though @pin just for a few hours per day. I sent my kids to kindergartens like Sunshine House and MIng Wai which cost about $5k per month x 10 months, so around $50k per year. This was for 4 hours per day, 5 days per week. Unless they have gone up massively in the 7 years since my last kid finished kindergarten (which is possible). For me, prices didn't go over $100k until full time primary school at the Australian school.

But if you've got the money then great. Don't forget, if you rent a place for $30k instead of your $50k budget you mentioned in the other property thread, then makes it all the much easier to afford. Actually, I just so happen to know a place available for $30k

pin likes this.

@pin I’m assuming it’s a school that has a PN/nursery through to primary and/or secondary, is that correct?

The only schools I’ve seen that charge $100k debenture for 3 year olds are through schools.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    @pin I’m assuming it’s a school that has a PN/nursery through to primary and/or secondary, is that correct?

The only schools I’ve seen that charge $100k debenture for 3 year olds are through schools.
    Yeah, pretty much, YCIS. Understand it is very well regarded (both in terms of reputation and actual education). They have just introduced debenture for 2 year olds this year (I think to fund their new campus in TKO).
    @bdw with the rate of inflation for education HKD50k 7 years ago is probably HKD100k now.
    merchantms and bdw like this.

Ming Wai now charges 45k for half day kindergarten. Whole day 51k.

bdw likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Are you able to share the research paper?

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7