Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hullexile

Has anyone ever taken the TEACH-NOW (Moreland University) teacher preparation program?

Closed Thread

Has anyone ever taken the TEACH-NOW (Moreland University) teacher preparation program?

I am thinking of enrolling for the teacher preparation certificate offered by Teach-Now (Moreland University). Is there anyone who has done the certification program or currently doing it that would be kind to share his/her experience? I will appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

A quick google search shows that this is an outfit formerly known as Teach Now that has just rebranded itself and appears to be run from an office address - hardly a reputable institution.

Quote Originally Posted by fabrice5:
    I am thinking of enrolling for the teacher preparation certificate offered by Teach-Now (Moreland University). Is there anyone who has done the certification program or currently doing it that would be kind to share his/her experience? I will appreciate any feedback. Thank you.
    The words "university-style structure" filled me with horror. They claim as of this year they have "5500 candidates and graduates across 135 countries" after "exponential growth". That is a VERY VERY low number. On the other hand they are accredited.

I wouldn't be putting my money in that direction.
    chingleutsch likes this.

Is anyone taking the TEACH-NOW teacher preparation program right now?

Is anyone taking the TEACH-NOW teacher preparation program right now?

I completed Moreland recently and got my QTS from the UK. It's a wonderful program.

Quote Originally Posted by chingleutsch:
    A quick google search shows that this is an outfit formerly known as Teach Now that has just rebranded itself and appears to be run from an office address - hardly a reputable institution.
    Your quick Google search and reply show that this is an assumption, and it's mostly untrue. The program is accepted by most schools and institutes and while it might not be highly regarded, it is usually acknowledged as being valid.

No, I have not studied through this outfit or personally know anyone who has.

Quote Originally Posted by khatina:
    I completed Moreland recently and got my QTS from the UK. It's a wonderful program.
    Hello Khatina, so sorry if I m contacting you regarding your above message. As you said, you managed to complete the program with Moreland and managed to convert the license into a UK QTS. I am looking to enrol to Moreland as well, and as you have done, convert the license to a QTS. Was this an easy step for you? I heard that recently UK may be a bit picky when converting the USA license into a QTS.

Just curious about this so looked it up. A shortcut to a new career seems very appealling.

The website seems to be very carefully worded as a "teacher preparation programme". Once you finish the course you need to have to then get a "teaching certificate (license, qualification)". The fact that you have to interpret what they are telling you and seek further qualification does not fill me with confidence. I know Jimmy McGill did well with the law course at University of American Samoa, so this could well be legitimate.

"Is this a REAL teaching certificate?

Successful completion of our program leads to licensure exam eligibility, meaning that you can obtain a REAL teaching certificate, issued by one of three states in the US (read below).

To be clear, only government entities have the legitimacy to grant a teaching certificate (license, qualification) directly. Every state reviews its own certification applications, according to its own requirements.
    Moreland University’s TEACH-NOW Teacher Preparation Certificate Program is a state-approved, accredited teacher preparation program in the District of Columbia, Arizona, and Hawaii. As such, candidates who successfully complete our program are qualified to apply for a fully-renewable teaching license (credential, certification, qualification) from one of those three states, provided they meet the applicable requirements of the state board of education. Additionally, through reciprocity agreements, they may be eligible to obtain fully-renewable teaching certificates or licenses from most other states, provided they meet the applicable licensing requirements of those states.
    To recap: in the United States, whoever desires a teaching credential (license, certificate, qualification) must first successfully complete an approved teacher preparation program in a given state, then apply directly to that state and meet all its requirements (normally including examinations), in order to be awarded the legitimate, recognized teaching credential."

From the FAQ page https://moreland.edu/faq

Law degree from University of American Samoa

Are you unable to get that dream job because of a boring formality like a university degree?
    Don't worry we can help you - just join our simple three step program!
    1. Pay our reasonable "tuition fee"
    2. Attend our fine educational establishment (optional)
    3. Receive diploma on watermarked, premium quality paper

We offer discounts on bulk diplomas/degrees - just contact us for details!