Sunderland PGCE- is it hard?

Sunderland PGCE- is it hard?

I am looking into getting a PGCE. I heard about Sunderland PGCE and I was wondering is it difficult since it is mostly all online?

Hi, I applied for sunderland for Sept 2022 intake. I got the offer but i am still waiting for the results of other hk universities. According to my friends, it is not that difficult. you just have to manage your time wisely especially working full time. but the teaching practice in sunderland is a lot more hectic than local universities. I am currently a teaching assistant in a local school, what about you? Have you applied for local schools?

Wow, I finally got a reply after almost 2 years! I have applied for local primary schools as a non-EDB NET teacher but all my interviews were not successful, so I received no offers. It seems like they care a lot about experience in local schools, which I have none.

That's good that your friends say it's not that difficult because I always read that it's hard.

Did your friends went through Sunderland or local universities? I'm not considered a resident so going through a local university would cost way too much. Sunderland is the only option that works best for me right now, but not sure how to do the practicum when I'm not working inside a school at the moment.

We are still thinking about it because the results in hk universities aren't out yet. I too applied for a net position before but wasn't successful, so I am currently a teaching assistant in a local school.

You can only be admitted to sunderland if you are working in a school in order for you to do the teaching placement. principal's letter should be submitted upon admission.

are you currently not in hk? I suggest you to apply as a teaching assistant if you really want to study pgce. the salary isnt not high but at least it is a pathway to being a registered teacher in hk.

Sunderland let's you join without working in a school at the moment during Covid, I believe. I am currently living in Hong Kong right now.

Has any of your friends actually finished the program since they claim it's not that difficult?

I am not sure because I just heard it from my friend. What I know the professors in Sunderland will upload a video of the lesson so the students can just watch it anytime due to the time difference around the world. Have you applied for Sunderland for 2022 intake? My friend got a conditional offer but he needs to find a job with placement at a school two weeks before the school starts.

Keep me posted on what you end up choosing, and if it was as easy or difficult as you thought.