Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By shri

Scholarship and student loan for Childhood education study in oversees

Closed Thread

Lightbulb Scholarship and student loan for Childhood education study in oversees

Greeting!
    I would like to take a master's degree in Childhood education probably in the U.K., the U.S., Australia, or Canada in this September session. (I am still searching for the universities of the above countries)

I'm looking for financial support like Schollarship and Student Loan. Just so you know where to start. I hold the Hong Kong passport.

Please share if you have any idea, link or suggestions so that I take action on this matter
    Your supportive guideline is hightly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Travoglad - first of all, good luck with your studies. I hope it all goes well. I have absolutely no knowledge of student loans / scholarships / etc, but, if you are not successful in obtaining the necessary finances, I just wanted to remind you that there are numerous, affordable, on line degrees and qualifications available.

@Travoglad - take a look at this scheme.

https://hkses.edb.gov.hk/en/index.html

Jillypots likes this.

Also, many of the US universities offer decent-ish scholarships for international students. Not sure which ones you're applying to or considering.

In addition to what Jillypots said, you might want to look at some European countries where International students seem to pay a ridiculously low fee - Germany and Netherlands seem to be places where some of my son's friends have ended up.

US universities are very hit-or-miss in terms of getting a graduate fellowship or teaching assistantship. A lot are reserved for PhD students so many people apply for PhD and decide after they get a master's degree whether they want to continue on to the PhD. So unfortunately just have to wade through all the websites of programs you are interested in. Universities with large schools of education sometimes have an on-campus preschool where you can student teach.

I studied in Australia, and as far as I know most universities have scholarship offers to the deserving students. You could send an inquiry to the university you're intending to enrol in. Also, Hong Kong has many educational consultancies to address the many needs of pupils going abroad, one such I know is https://www.idp.com/hongkong/?lang=en

You could just walk in there and talk with one of the counselors.