Like Tree9Likes

Request GSIS feedback

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

If I can recall correctly from my friend, there was a first test, then a written test. If you pass the written test, the child has an interview on zoom (back in bad covid days). Then the parents had an interview (zoom bad covid days) and asking you questions about your child. Interviews conducted in English

Quote Originally Posted by rs4:
    is the english stream conducted by native english speaker?

Is the interview for the parents in german?
    how old are your kids? does seem like you are probably in for a rude shock if you are at this stage of planning ..

no kids yet.

just wanna know what’s the hype about gsis.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    how old are your kids? does seem like you are probably in for a rude shock if you are at this stage of planning ..

Quote Originally Posted by rs4:
    no kids yet.

just wanna know what’s the hype about gsis.
    People have said it already. They test rigorously for admission and have high standards. There’s no other secret to it. The English stream is IB nothing to do with the german system. It’s essentially a prep school for Chinese families quasi-subsidized by the German government, which runs a parallel program that’s basically a non-selective German curriculum school in the same building.

FIS is a similar set up.

Agreed. I have heard the same from my 2 colleagues

Thanks for sharing

My child has been in gsis primary for 5 years since kindergarten, she is most happy and finds a good fit there, making great friends, loves her teachers and schools. We don’t feel much pressure at all. Kids are well behaved, all rounded , independent, confident and happy. That’s why they learn well.
    Yes they are highly selective and putting a group of high ability kids together to learn, so they won’t get bored and always find their own type. If you fit there it will make the best of you.
    We came from a non selective IS before, my kid thrives better in gsis. But if you need a lot of tutorials to keep up even in primary, then I think the school might not suit you.

How's the workload in upper primary? any tests or exams ?
    How many classes and students in each class in primary ?
    low diversity ~ in primary or secondary ?
    In primary, is it necessary to take the extra curricular activities in school everyday ?
    Thanks !!